Sign in to follow this  
MetalheadEST

Ye, hi...

So ye, I was given the impression that you are a relaxed bunch of cool bros.

So what can anyone tell me about this group/unit?

Do you just mess inside this community or reach out to mess with other too?

Also, would like someone to show me the ropes. VPope has done a pretty good job sofar, but there are still questions ^^ and I think I might start to annoy him soon if I keep it up.

All will be answred to a famil course :) there should be several planned, seek the training subforum :)

welcome

Hey there, by mess with I assume you mean play with? We primarily do not play with other communities, but there is an event every once in a while. The most recent being a TvT (read player v player) with a Finnish group. Like Maffa said above, the best thing for you to do is sign up and attend one of the Familiarization Courses that we run every month. There are two more this month and they are always on Sunday. As an instructor, I can tell you that it is the best thing for new players. We go over all the behavioral expectations, and basic competencies we expect when paying on the server. You can find the sign-up post here

Alright, thanks for the quick heads up lads. I dont think I can make this fridays fam.course, but should be there for the next one. Ive previously been in some arma units, so I should know something.

Is the calendar the main place to check, when talking about events or when are the usual times to get together to do missions? Ive been told that the main activity happens on weekends.

Either the calendar and this subforum where you will see all the planned courses and where you can sign yourself up for one. I cannot recomend the famil and RTO courses more: other than giving you a refresh about playing arma as a game, it also gives you the mood of our gameplay and what is normally requested as the bare minimum to join a session. 

Alright, thanks for the quick heads up lads. I dont think I can make this fridays fam.course, but should be there for the next one. Ive previously been in some arma units, so I should know something.

Is the calendar the main place to check, when talking about events or when are the usual times to get together to do missions? Ive been told that the main activity happens on weekends.

The famils are run on Sundays, not Fridays. Also anytime there is an event there will usually be an announcement, and a sign-up thread.