HellHound

And the results are in

f35c%20and%20super%20hornet%20resize_zps

25 years of blood sweat and tears led to this moment.  Selected strike fighters today.  As corny as it is, you guys played a major role in getting me here.  I thank each and every one of you.  I had intended on writing more but I'm still numb from shock.  But as always I'll pop in on Steam, teamspeak, and what not and am happy to answer questions.

If I can soap box a little bit (it's my post after all), a few years back I never would have thought this possible simply because of some dumb mistakes I made.  I faced an uphill fight and stuck with it, and now I'm making a dream come true.  So if any of you are ever doubting yourself, know that anything can be overcome.

Fly Navy, ya filthy animals.

Edited by HellHound

Huge congrats, it is so great to hear that you are making your dreams come true! Don't be a stranger and be sure to share any non-classified information that can help make UOAF more realistic!

It warms my heart to know that flying with UOAF helped make you a naval aviator. Congratulations, catch a 3-wire for me!

Still think I'm a better ArmA pilot then you...but I guess you can take the cake for real life flying. Congrats.

Still think I'm a better ArmA pilot then you...but I guess you can take the cake for real life flying. Congrats.

Objectively false, but anyway...

Congrats! Will you get a choice on which aircraft to train? 

The *rumor* is that #1 in each class goes to the F-35 pipeline.  That's like a year and a half from now for me though, so maybe they'll have more people.  Ensign rumors are worthless, so I'm going to anticipate the Rhino.

Congratulations! Obviously it's tough to see a valued UOAF member go to landing/takeoff oriented aviation versus mission-oriented aviation like we do over here, but I won't hold it against you. Having started T-6's I'm beginning to learn how much effort it takes to go through this kind of training, and obviously i'm glad UOAF could make a difference just as it has done for me.

Nicely done man.

Force

All those drunk Fluffer and Hellhound nights paying off aye? Ha

Edited by Fluffer

I've been spending my whole week with COMPACFLT and was wondering how you've been doing.  Glad to hear things are moving along for you in the right direction.

Congrats on getting the position!

I'm currently sort of debating to go into the marines as a pilot (I can get a guaranteed pilot slot) but there are somethings that are holding me back.

AMAZING, good job HellHound i'm glad that you're going to get the chance to fly F-35's or F-18's (jealousy intensifies), which will undoutabl\y be worth all the effort.  

Also...Make sure not to bolter on your first time out when you get your jet!!!  :cool:

Edited by nighthawk2174

I'm currently sort of debating to go into the marines as a pilot (I can get a guaranteed pilot slot) but there are somethings that are holding me back.

Guaranteed pilot seat?? I'll take it then :D

Best of luck to you!!!!! I feel its a great privilege to have people like you a part of our group. Keep us posted!

Edited by Flukey

Congratulations! Obviously it's tough to see a valued UOAF member go to landing/takeoff oriented aviation versus mission-oriented aviation like we do over here, but I won't hold it against you. Having started T-6's I'm beginning to learn how much effort it takes to go through this kind of training, and obviously i'm glad UOAF could make a difference just as it has done for me.

Nicely done man.

Force

I still cannot fathom where you are getting such inaccurate information.  Enjoy your steampunk T-6, whenever you actually get to flying it...

PM me on here or on Steam if you have any questions.  I have a lot of friends who are Marine pilots (I'm assuming you're talking about PLC, which I did as a freshman).  I'll also let you know that Navy OCS can give you a guaranteed pilot slot.

I'm really sorry you didn't get your preferred E-2 seat, but an F-35 or Hornet is an alright consolation prize I suppose.

Congratulations

PM me on here or on Steam if you have any questions. I have a lot of friends who are Marine pilots (I'm assuming you're talking about PLC, which I did as a freshman). I'll also let you know that Navy OCS can give you a guaranteed pilot slot.

That would be great. I can't find you on steam, could you add me? (71st_AH_Eagle)

I'm really sorry you didn't get your preferred E-2 seat, but an F-35 or Hornet is an alright consolation prize I suppose.

Congratulations

My class was 6 jets, 1 E2/C2, 4 Maritime (P3/P8) and 5 Helo

That would be great. I can't find you on steam, could you add me? (71st_AH_Eagle)

Sent

Awesome vid!

BTW, have they given you your callsign yet, or is that still to be earned/granted?

That happens in the fleet, so like 2.5 years from now. I once had an instructor call me "Christmas" because I "take forever" (in regards to getting out of the airplane like right when I started flying, so like in April.) That's about as close as it's been.