Chainsaw

Benzopila Terrain

Forests with Armed Assault trees definetly brings a look that is rarely seen on any custom terrains due to Arma 2 objects being more popular.

Everything looks so "living" and fresh kinda like after a rain.

They are lower quality though but it's not really that visible.

Try blending Armed Assault trees with Arma 2 trees and see how it looks. Or have two separate forest types that kind of blend into eachothers.

w5KTqRa.png

Came up with a "Coolnewlogo.jpg" for update previews. 

Cutting in terrain by hand definitely gives opportunity to some interesting features. The micro-terrain allows a place for unique areas. 
The smaller cell size is allowing me to create creeks and ditches throughout Benzopila. Here's a road over the creek.

lWYf2a2l.jpg

Street view.
K5TBdnil.jpg

Some houses are quite grown-over.
hj0dBb3l.jpg

Lumber yard.
Q7AYgmsl.jpg

Full size imageshttp://imgur.com/a/L1fBJ

looking great, now I have a reason to shill for the Project Opfor's NovoRussia and Ukraine units.

I do like some of that mod but what's with the weird floral shirts on half the uniforms? I'd love to have a East Ukraine conflict event though.

Very impressive attention to detail man. Looks extremely realistic. Are these screenshots with the objects imported into TB or just temporary in xcam?

Edited by Aphex

Very impressive attention to detail man. Looks extremely realistic. Are these screenshots with the objects imported into TB or just temporary in xcam?

Thanks man. Just temp X-cam at the moment. Got a couple of small bumps to get over and import into TB.

Kol06m6l.jpg

Back into it. Think I've got a better Ukrainian feel with this tree composition I'm now using.

Link to more pictures: http://imgur.com/a/HkaLU

Still a lot to work on with regards to surface masks and clutter.

When the main town is finished, I will release it as an alpha for those interested in testing it.

Looks great! 

I haven't been around much but Zumorc/WA Lancer are good people to turn to if you have questions about lessons learned from Schwemlitz. 

w5KTqRa.png

68GX0zel.jpg

LINK TO MY LATEST SCREENSHOT DUMP (20+ Screenshots):  http://imgur.com/a/sEedj

So I burnt out on the map and I've had week off.

Back to it and I'm now looking into Iron Front Lite buildings for my terrain.

kUNRs4Zl.jpg

They are the best buildings found in Arma 3 for an east-bloc setting.

They all have interiors, working doors and damage models.  I'm currently testing to see if they are stable.

I'm also getting through the forestation faster now. 
IB4> Yeah there's fog in half the shots.

hPY9odDl.jpg

WZ64eTSl.jpg

QKhtGLnl.jpg

ZBzbPDsl.jpg

8VZPWhPl.jpg

Chainsaw out. 

Awesome work. The micro-terrain is fantastic. One thing to keep in mind is that the clutter objects (like the high grass you have in your screenshots) don't render at range. If the terrain is perfectly flat or there are naturally short sight lines this doesn't really matter but if there's any elevation change at all it can be a big problem.  

How's the performance? One thing that helps a lot if you're having performance troubles is limiting the number of different types of objects that you are using. It makes things a little more difficult from a creative perspective but if you try to keep your palette of objects relatively  small you can use lots of objects without too much problem. 

Also I would echo the sentiment that you should include more open space since open space ultimately drives a lot of tactical decisions. I think you could easily convert some of the lots of woods or uncultivated space that exist on your map into fields without much work and give the terrain a lot more usability.  

Edited by Falcon

Yeah Haggerty I'm just working on models at the moment. I've been playing around with Trenches though. Heres my latest idea:

u311Hj0.jpg