Aphex

Halshany Terrain

Now that i'm all learnt up on how t use TB and make a terrain i've started on a project ive always wanted to do.

Halshany is an east European terrain set in western Belarus. It is mostly farm land with forest spread between fields with about 12 towns and 1 ruined castle. It's size will be 8192m x 8192m at a 4m cell size.

RL coordinates: here

HELP WANTED!!

I'm looking for someone to help out with object creation. I need 2 low poly models for farm field crops but i've no idea how to make models.

If you could give a hand even to make just one model it would be greatly appreciated

Ill be using this thread to post developmental update and intend to be fairly open on it development. Don't feel afraid to post any criticisms you may have.

Edited by Aphex

Hey contrails!

Thanks for offering to help out. I'm not sure what you would need to get started.

One of the models i need is a wheat field object that is about 1.5 meters high and 2 meters wide.

It doesnt need to be very detailed as im trying to save performance. Let me know what you need from me.

I really appreciate the help!

Forest placement is complete! 

I've also been tweaking on my forest values in terrain processor to produce a forest that i think is pretty unique. Now instead of having alot of room between your head and the canopy I've brought it down to feel more claustrophobic. I've also thinned out the amount of bushes, clutter and trees to produce better performance for all users. It isn't too thin, i'd compare it to VT5's thickness, just not as thick as I would have wanted; but accessibility is above all. Forest ground textures have been redone and im fairly pleased with them.

I've created one village in the north-eastern corner of the map to test what kind of style im aiming for. The fields are barren around it still.

Some screen shots of the forest in current build (10/13/2016)

Current build download    110 MB

P.S: If anyone knows how to model and would be willing to lend a hand I now need just ONE low poly model for a wheat field.

CBCnHD5.jpg

XILBHuu.jpg

58oBLNH.jpg

Non potato screen shots

And... doesnt look much better. Gunna level with you here man, Dont use arma 1 asset trees or bushes if you can avoid it.

Thanks for the critique Lancer!

I agree that there are some quality issues with some of the A1 assets and i also think they may be causing some of the performance issues i've been finding. I'm looking into other mod veg like MB veg and IBR bushes.

Nice dude. Forests look very spooky.  

I have a noob question, but would it be possible to use the Open Chernarus Project for some of the building placement? 

Aphex is indeed using the Open Chernarus mod. So yes certainly possible.

Edited by Chainsaw

Thanks for the feedback y'all.

I have a noob question, but would it be possible to use the Open Chernarus Project for some of the building placement? 

Yep im using the OPC buildings for the country side and most buildings will be enterable.

I'm ending the project.

I've set myself up with too much work that in order to get it done feasibly within the next 6 months i would need to drastically lower my quality standard and that is just not something i'm willing to do. 

I'm going to release all the source files for those who may want to pick it up or want a project they can learn on.

I may still work on it from time to time but at a much lower size (~4kmx4km).

I want to continue terrain building but on more directed and detailed projects that i can finish within a month or two. I am open to ideas that people may have of small terrains ~2-4km squared. As well id like to help others start on terrain building and help current terrain makers. I am also interested in making terrains for events that will also have playtime after said event, the details of which would need to be hashed out with the event managers.

P.S. is there a way i can edit the OP to link to this post so new people can see that its cancelled?

Edited by Aphex

↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

See above

Source file download   50.5mb

Has all source files necessary.

I'll leave file up for download until dropbox gets bought out.

Edited by Aphex