The website is under maintenance - To keep up to date of the current status, please read more here. Normal forum functions should resume over the next few weeks.

Sign in to follow this  
znoop

Request: Gear of the German Armed Forces

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28631

• Have you tried the mod with our modpack?

Yes, I did, no errors while testing in the arsenal and editor.

• Were there any RPT errors produced?

Didn't find any errors related to that mod.

• Is the mod still maintained by the developer?

Yes, its developed by an active German Arma 3 Community.

• What is the mod's file size unpacked?

196 MB without the not needed radio.pbo (adds new radios to TFAR)

• What does the mod add that warrants it's addition to our mod pack?

High quality German uniforms (no retextures), Vests, load bearing gear, helmets and headgear. We could fix some mission which were broken by the removal of BWmod as we currently lack the uniforms and vests to create German infantry units. It would also allow us to use the MG3, G36 and G3 mod more often as these are the primary infantry weapons of the German Army Infantry. Uniforms are available in both Woodland and desert Flecktarn. 

• If it is vehicle related is it compatible with RHS vehicles? 

Contains no new weapons in the current version.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/478896721758262519/72C93BED42D2DA0A8523FBDDAE9B0806E0122E5A/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/478896721758262362/A86518EE04572284708862D374FAD0AD3E1FD0C0/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/478896721758262152/983AAA4B31649EF8F0BD642FDA726D7E5A83FC59/

CUow8WM.jpg

Edited by znoop

@kalohepirate they just announced some more vests and uniforms, I don't expect them to release vehicles in the near future.
@Headshot I don't know. Need to look it up/ask. 

Edit: was able to put another texture on the uniform via hidden selection, so I guess re texturing works?

Edited by znoop

Edit: was able to put another texture on the uniform via hidden selection, so I guess re texturing works?

It's more a question of whether their licensing allows it. 

They have released it under:

Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs CC BY-NC-ND

So technically not, but I bet if we asked them nicely, they would allow it.

Reviving dead thread

Does it come with uniforms without the German flags? Really hate when such popular camos are made with flags on them and come without a patchless version. What's the official UO stance on this mod? I assume it was rejected, what for? Seeing as we removed the FAMAS why not remove the French uniforms and replace with these?

Thread can be locked, the creators don't allow re-upload without the tfar radio.

"The TFAR Radios are optional. If you are not using TFAR you can just delete the pbw_radio.pbo."

On the armaholic page. Did they say something contrary when asked?

"The TFAR Radios are optional. If you are not using TFAR you can just delete the pbw_radio.pbo."

On the armaholic page. Did they say something contrary when asked?

They won't allow re-upload to steam. The pack provided on their steam page includes the pbo. 

It was having a version that already had that deleted, to save the trouble of having everyone trying to and eventually failing to delete the pbo. Either by our own UO Mods or from the creator themselves, neither happened.

Has someone asked specifically if we can put it in @UOMods? I miss the ArmA 2 days when people didn't have a legal team on each of their mod teams.

I wouldn't have wrote that if I didn't ask them for that. It's literally on the last comments on the sws page.

I asked: 

Znoop 21. Mai um 19:45 Uhr  
Hallo, ich möchte in Vertretung von UnitedOperations.net fragen ob der Mod ohne die TFAR Funken pbo als teil unseres Mod packs hier auf Steam re-uploaded werden darf damit? Welche Lizenz nutzt ihr für euren Mod, APL-SA?

"Hello blablabla, can we re-upload the mod as part of our mod pack on steam workshop without the tfar radio pbo? What license do you use for your mod?"

He said: 

Herr_KaLeun  [Autor] 22. Mai um 14:25 Uhr 
Ein öffentlicher Reupload des Mods auf SWS ist nicht gestattet.

"A public re-upload of the mod on steam workshop is not allowed".

If we tell people to delete it manually, they won't. If we don't make sure its gone and a mission breaks because of that, everyone involved will be mad. 
Edited by znoop