The website is under maintenance - To keep up to date of the current status, please read more here. Normal forum functions should resume over the next few weeks.

Maffa

What happeend to FTPs?

Hello

i was wondering why i have never seen any other training course except the famils and RTO's. 

I am particularly interested in partecipating at FTPs and FT leader course: i've tried to slot as a FTL a couple of times but i felt still unfit to cover the role in an organization as big and complex as UO. I'd also like to have a course about CQB and house clearing.

If someone of the powers that be would like a show of interest in order to start something, please take this as one :)

The FTPs were created to help improve the communication on the primary. They are practice sessions NOT courses. They are designed to be taken by all players repeatedly.

They are not currently being scheduled because we do not have a suitable mission for them.

Hi there, i could also use a refresher on the basic courses.

Is there already a new schedule possible, or is the training map still lacking?

3 hours ago, silencer.helling3r said:

Hi there, i could also use a refresher on the basic courses.

Is there already a new schedule possible, or is the training map still lacking?

If you are intrested i can offer the Land Nav course, would you be interested ?

On 10/5/2016 at 4:54 PM, Jimbo said:

The FTPs were created to help improve the communication on the primary. They are practice sessions NOT courses. They are designed to be taken by all players repeatedly.

They are not currently being scheduled because we do not have a suitable mission for them.

Hi Jimbo, Do you know if UOTC have asked for missions? I mean, we have a pretty large group of people that make missions, i would be surprised to hear that none of them could not make one for this purpose.

The FTPs have been discontinued by UOTC after a few failures in reviving them properly through members of UO which volunteered and then disappeared or went idle on the project.

Using the Handbook, FTPs materials and the old materials from the fireteam operations course, a new FTOPS Course has been designed last year, whichs draft you can find here.

The mission file of the new FTOPS is done to 98% remaining only slight adjustments for when the course materials are finished.

Sadly the state of the UOWiki currently blocks any work on the materials.

On 7/28/2019 at 2:26 AM, PaxJaromeMalues said:

Sadly the state of the UOWiki currently blocks any work on the materials.

So, I'm all for making excuses... (you should see my /missionIdeas/ folder...) But thats a bit thin right?

Just move the project to a google drive, do the FTOPS, and when the higher powers get the Wiki working, move it there.

Posted (edited)

The FTPs died with ARMA2 because we still have no mission with ARMA3 that will allow us to conduct them.  The mission needs to be fluid enough to allow the instructor to spawn  and control AI simultaneous with; moving, supervising, and teaching.  Zeus doesn't even come close to the scripting that young Yaxxo made,

Edited by Jimbo