Jump to content
zumorc

Stuck on Recieving Data

Recommended Posts

Have been trying to join into the Primary Server for the last 5 hours now, everytime I join in progress

into the mission I get stuck on Recieving Data after downloading the mission file. 

 

Have tried to restart, verify and repair but so far no success.

Anybody have an idea, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post

2 things you can try that may or may not do jack shit:

 

1. unplug router for 30 seconds then reconnect it

 

2. go to documents, arma 3 - other profiles, saved, mpmissions, delete all contents inside mpmissions

Share this post


Link to post

2 things you can try that may or may not do jack shit:

 

1. unplug router for 30 seconds then reconnect it

 

2. go to documents, arma 3 - other profiles, saved, mpmissions, delete all contents inside mpmissions

 

Tried both and also completely reinstalled the modpack, now I cant get past the briefing anymore at all.

When I press the Continue button the button disappears but nothing happens.

Share this post


Link to post

I had problems like that back when I was playing DayZ (a long time ago)

Usually, disabling my firewall for the time of the connexion would fix it.

You can give it a try.

Share this post


Link to post

Ive boiled the issue with relative certainty down to still being something with the modpack, Im trying to eliminate what it is.

Share this post


Link to post

I've successfully boiled the error down to @UOMODS_A3. Completely deleted and re-downloaded it, yet the issue persists. 

Share this post


Link to post

May seem out of the blue, but back up your documents/arma 3/ profiles and delete it, then verify your game. This will reset all your settings and may fix the issue.

Share this post


Link to post

I've successfully boiled the error down to @UOMODS_A3. Completely deleted and re-downloaded it, yet the issue persists.

How did you determine that was indeed the culprit even though issue persists after deleting it?

Share this post


Link to post

May seem out of the blue, but back up your documents/arma 3/ profiles and delete it, then verify your game. This will reset all your settings and may fix the issue.

 

Good idea will try that before a full reinstall.

 

 

How did you determine that was indeed the culprit even though issue persists after deleting it?

 

On Impulse's recommendation I connected with vanilla ArmA to the Primary and fired up a vanilla mission, which worked. It also worked with ACE, CBA and ACRE enabled, but it did not work with UO Mods added on top. 

So per exclusionem I would say its UOMods...

Share this post


Link to post

Deleted all profiles folders, verified and repaired through steam - no change.

 

Anybody have another idea short of complete reinstall?

Share this post


Link to post

What about turning on logging in A3.. perhaps the last entry (before you're forced to kill the process) might give some indication what it was doing or about to do.

 

edit: Also you're a GM.. does that involve BEC?

 

edit2: Also (sorry).. is the A3 process actually frozen (idle) or is the CPU grinding (using something like Process Explorer or Process Hacker you can actually tell if it's spin-locked).

Edited by kail

Share this post


Link to post

No, ArmA doesnt crash or anything it just wont load into the actual mission, when I press the Continue button on briefing, nothing happens the button just disappears, I can still scroll around the map and stuff.

If I JIP into a running mission it will just get stuck on receiving data, out of which I can escape fine. This is only happening with UO Mods.

 

I'm not sure I understand the GM/BEC question...

Edited by zumorc

Share this post


Link to post

Already completely reinstalled ArmA over night, now redownloading the modpack, will know more in 3 hours.

Share this post


Link to post

Completely reinstalled ArmA, completely redownloaded the Modpack, issue persists.

Share this post


Link to post

This is the shittiest thing :(. If it's something in UO Mods (which is weird as fuck if it is, especially after a profile wipe, full install and it fine for everyone else), next step to try and narrow it down to a specific addon or file?

Share this post


Link to post

I eliminated the error source its definately the "ares_zeusExtensions.pbo" that breaks it for me.

 

If I remove the pbo from the modpack, I can connect fine.

Edited by zumorc

Share this post


Link to post

Have you deleted mpmissioncache as Impulse suggested? I don't think re-installing A3 (or Steam's delete local content) would impact that folder.

Share this post


Link to post

Have you deleted mpmissioncache as Impulse suggested? I don't think re-installing A3 (or Steam's delete local content) would impact that folder.

 

I did both, the issue is definately the "ares_zeusExtensions.pbo".

Share this post


Link to post

Are you able to play missions without that file?

 

Good to see you sorted it out.

Share this post


Link to post

The issue is obviously still persisting with all missions that have Ares as a dependency. 

 

Would like to urge all Mission Makers to remove the Ares dependency in their mission.sqm, if you are not using Ares.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...