Sign in to follow this  
Impulse 9

VPope for GSO

Add VPope as GSO  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Add VPope as GSO

• Yes
    • No

I wish to submit myself to a vote for the position of GSO. I have been working with Impulse as a GSM to learn the subtle spiderweb that is the game server and also to assist in maintenance of the teamspeak server. I would like to continue my work with the mandate of the community. 

Why do I think we need another GSO? Firstly to reduce the strain on Impulse who currently acts as our sole sysadmin. Secondly to ensure coverage in the event of unforeseen circumstances. If Impulse were called away on short notice or were otherwise unavailable then we would be left with no one with working knowledge or access to the servers. Thirdly Timezone coverage I am fortunate that my work allows me to connect to servers and perform maintenance most of the time, and being based in the uk i am at work while Impulse is sleeping and visa versa (which does make arranging a meeting very hard at times :smile:)

Why do I think that I would make a good GSO? I have worked as a senior sysadmin for the past 7 years working with networks from SME up to public sector systems, I am also familiar with managing game servers (of many games) of my own. I do not claim that my knowledge is better or the same as Impulse (The servers are after all a work of his own mind, im sure you could psychoanalyses him by taking a look at the setup). But rather it is my feeling that my knowledge compliments his and working as a team would make us more effective than as individuals. My other experience is with running TeamSpeak servers which i have done now for 8 years hosting them for myself and for my associates as the need arose, I have already made changes to streamline the TS permissions allocation and will continue to work to ensure it is always in the best working order.

It is my hope to continue my work with the backing of the community and to use my initiative to deal with issues as I find them.

This poll requires a 2/3 vote lasting 2 weeks.

This is a pretty easy yes for me. VPope has been assisting with existing server work for the last few weeks under a GSM position.

Yup,

At Vpope's request; Plays the game, not a retard.

Edited by HeadShot

Yup,

At Vpope's request; Plays the game, not a retard.

Fixes the game, not a retard*

I guess

HELP! I'm being oppressed!

This user is feeling particularly oppressed right now, perhaps you should comfort them.

Edited by Nathan

Give this man something to do please. He seems to know his stuff and has been very helpful to the WSOs.