Sign in to follow this  
TinfoilHate

PSA - DON'T FUCKING ADD THE SAME CLASS OF CONTAINER OVER ITSELF

See the title. Stop doing it.

FOR INSTANCE:

If your unit you placed down has a vest with the class of UK3CB_BAF_V_Osprey_SL_A by default and you want to add a vest with the class of UK3CB_BAF_V_Osprey_SL_A DO NOT DO THAT in the same frame. Write a bit of script or whatever to check the unit's vest first, compare the two.

For instance, in the uo_sys_kitOut: 

if (_vest != vest _unit) then {
 [_unit,_vest] call uo_sys_setVest;
};
If you do actually add the same vest over itself, it will break ACRE. Don't break ACRE. Edited by TinfoilHate

Olsen's Framework in my opinion it's the best and safest way of adding gear to units, it's gearscript already has vest check mentioned above, it also handles other situations that could potientally break ACRE.

Is this why I got that "Azzwort has his gear all fucked up" ACRE error message yesterday evening during the 'do unto others' mission. That was an annoying error considering it stays on the screen. I wonder if that is why we, in the back of the vic, couldn't hear the driver or gunner in proximity voice...

Is this why I got that "Azzwort has his gear all fucked up" ACRE error message yesterday evening during the 'do unto others' mission. That was an annoying error considering it stays on the screen. I wonder if that is why we, in the back of the vic, couldn't hear the driver or gunner in proximity voice...

Azzworts gear was 3CB content spawned onto a vanilla NATO unit, so that wasn't caused by this

Generally that's what causes it. The Azzwort thing might've been caused by an odd case, haven't tested it at all yet. Someone just mentioned this may have been an issue recently for things, so I'm PSAing.

You'll want to remove all items and gear first anyway, then add the new stuff.

This still occurs if you are adding the same vest right afterwards.

You'll want to remove all items and gear first anyway, then add the new stuff.

It's as zumorc said above; it'll occur if you're doing everything within a single frame, which is the timeframe most gearscripts are operating in.