Impulse 9

Permaban - OrginalPancake

Vote to Permaban OrginalPancake  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Vote to Permaban OrginalPancake

• Yes
    • No

While off topic - to my memory (5+ years ago) those users had requested the flavor icon themselves.

Keep the discussion on topic to this user, please.

Voting no.

OrginalPancake is a dumbass, and I would shed no tears if this poll passes, but I do not believe a permaban is consistent with how issues like this have been dealt with before.

Before someone makes any comments, I have seen the video in question that was linked in the Game Channel.

Now this community has no place for targeted racial attacks.  Now being a victim because of the color of my skin I do not want to associate myself with people like that so I am voting Yes.  Who created the video does not matter, only how that video was used. 

Can you provide evidence and/or explain why nothing is in their threads reflecting this ? (formally requesting a 3.8 request in regards to any information on this topic)

I am now very concerned that this poll is based on personal feelings rather than facts. Other polls of similar nature are exactly the same as this, and no poll was posted for their removal. The fact that this user was harassing another user should have been brought to the light beforehand. The cause of this ban has already been disproved and other reasons are quickly being created. I am sad that most of the regular base is also falling for this, as there is no solid reason why OriginalPancake should no longer be apart of this community. This poll should not pass unless Fox posts substantial evidence to favor his side.

Something does not feel right with this poll, and I encourage other regulars to seriously look at the reasoning behind this.

I did state in my first post that I discovered only after I had posted the poll that he did not infact create the video (and once a poll is submitted it cant be edited), he nontheless posted it in a very public place in what could only be described as a personal attack on another member, using an extremely racist medium.

I don't know OriginalPancake, I have not had sufficient interaction with him to form an opinion about him as a person so this is not personal in the sense of my having an issue with something he has done or said, this is personal in my belief that he has proven himself to be a negative influence on the community and the kind of person that we dont want here.

The fact that he did not create the video is immaterial, for those of you who have seen the video (Which I assume is the vast majority of you) would you really watch that and think to yourself "Oh, I'm going to post this in a channel full of people, thats an appropriate and correct thing to do"

Seriously? I dont know the guy but anyone who has that thought process needs to reconsider their life, and certainly needs to be removed from any place where there is any semblance of civilisation, because that is not how civilized people act.

There is a group of people at this community that have gone out of their way to besmirch Overlords name, I believe that Orginalpancake is part of this group who have systematically harassed Overlord for the last several months, in attempts to turn the community against him. I have stated this fact in his review thread and in his removal poll. Prior to this I have not known for a fact anyone who has been doing it, despite knowing it was being done.

Thre is a group of people at this community that have gone out of their way to besmirch Overlords name, I believe that Orginalpancake is part of this group who have systematically harassed Overlord for the last several months, in attempts to turn the community against him. I have stated this fact in his review thread and in his removal po

It is also worth nothing that OriginalPancake cannot even see this poll, so he has no ability to voice his input due forum permissions. 

This is a problem for me, Pancake really must be allowed to respond.

Just to touch on this, this is not a forum permission error or issue. It is policy per the Charter (sec 4.1.) He is currently banned and may appeal that ban in that topic, this poll is now considered an Operation (sec 2.2 - 2.2.1 & 2.1) and again it goes back to sec 4 of the Charter.

Any further on this point/concern should be considered in Policy Discussion.

I need some clarification Fox please. Was the intended recipient of Pancake's video link posting the member you named in your above post?

Just to touch on this, this is not a forum permission error or issue. It is policy per the Charter (sec 4.1.) He is currently banned and may appeal that ban in that topic, this poll is now considered an Operation (sec 2.2 - 2.2.1 & 2.1) and again it goes back to sec 4 of the Charter.

Any further on this point/concern should be considered in Policy Discussion.

OK, thanks Marvin. Edited by j0zh94

How can you expect Fox to divine or to give you OrginalPancake's intended recipient? That sounds like a very large assumption on Fox's part that you could not expect him to know?

I need some clarification Fox please. Was the intended recipient of Pancake's video link posting the member you named in your above post?

How can you expect Fox to divine or to give you OrginalPancake's intended recipient? That sounds like a very large assumption on Fox's part that you could not expect him to know?

I know the intended target was Overlord, whether or not he was present at the time of posting I'm unsure

As for the intended recipient I don't know, if I had to guess it was the server at large

Because I assumed all posts by Fox were related to this specific issue/poll (and I was surprised to see Overlord's name). In addition, bullying and harassment as stated in the OP without a known recipient sounds.. odd.

Fox: thanks for the clarification.

All: My apologies, I can see now where I was probably unclear: My use of "recipient" was intended to include bullying/harassment as well as the actual video. Sorry.

Edited by j0zh94

I was in the same channel as pancake when he postedthe link, but was mute working on code. I can tell you that Overlord was not present in the channel. Injuring shortly after, I did not hear any indication of what the video was about, so I thought nothing of it and went back to doing what I was doing. From listening to the conversation, he didn't seem to post it out of intentional harassment, but thought it was funny.

Also, I see no indication of you posting anything related to him harassing overlord in the review threads. (On phone, hard to edit)

Edited by j0zh94

Yes he has already been banned as per the SOP and this removal poll in my opinion is seperate from that, although it did provide the catalyst

All I can say is the only difference between those instances were they were one-off instances where someone has crossed a line

This is coming off the back of a group of people having been bullying the member concerned for the last several weeks which I believe pushes this into a different category which requires a firmer response

So he was already banned in accordance with SOPs, It was, from what I can tell, his first offence or "instance" of having "crossed the line". User has no prior bans, has not threatened harm towards anyone and has shown remorse for his actions by apologizing to Overlord. A "group of people" certainly may have been bullying Overlord but it seems counter-intuitive to our SOPs to punish one member of the group to spite the rest and using a Permanent Ban when there is not, from what I can deduce, a single reason that he deserves the most severe of punishments.

A permanent ban for Original Pancake is more than what some consider to be ridding the community of an unfavorable user. It shows that we don't deal with things to a professional standard. The whole thing seems unjust.

I look to the senior members of this community to remove personal biases from their decisions.

Edit - Deleted empty paragraphs.

Permaban - Final escalation used for Threats of Harm/Legal Issues/Users showing a complete unwillingness to adapt or change to guidelines and standards of the community.

"I am sorry for any unneeded stress that I caused and would like to personally apologize to Overlord because what I have done was unacceptable. Posting that was the stupidest thing I have done at my short time at UO.  There is no excuse for what I have done and all I can ask for is a second chance to make it right."

Edited by Chainsaw

Greetings,

I am voting no.

OriginalPancake has already been banned for this offence.

I would gladly judge this case again, and whether it should be escalated, at the conclusion of his currently existing ban for this offence.

1/3/6 Month = Major Disruptions, as above but done in an aggressive or intentional manner w/o regard to playerbase or community.

• Repeat behavior of Major Disruption
  • All Major Disruptions in an Intentional Aspect
  • Intentional Teamkilling
  • Intentional Game Disruption
  • Hostile behavior or threats towards playerbase and or community
  • Personal Attacks/Racist/Sexist and other behaviors
  • MicSpamming - By guests/new users (This may be processed as perm until appeal)

Standard community guidelines for racial attacks appear to have been satisfied.

Regards,

Whisper.

Greetings,

I am voting no.

OriginalPancake has already been banned for this offence.

I would gladly judge this case again, and whether it should be escalated, at the conclusion of his currently existing ban for this offence.

Standard community guidelines for racial attacks appear to have been satisfied.

I couldn't agree more. Voting no.