HeadShot

GM Removal - Overlord

Having read the Overlord thread, the various anonymous and named quotes I believe this to be a move fuelled by popularism and the wrong one entirely.

If this is based off of the quotes from that thread it would appear to be a group of individuals conspiring against Overlord.  If so the officers should be ashamed of themselves for giving into this group.  Right now I do not see anything in that thread that would warrant a removal.

You assume that it is only the cause of the anonymous quotes that lead to the officer making this decision.

If you are so curious, why not ask Headshot. Otherwise, do not give into assumptions.

You assume that it is only the cause of the anonymous quotes that lead to the officer making this decision.

If you are so curious, why not ask Headshot. Otherwise, do not give into assumptions.

I did clearly in my first post.  Maybe I need to make this clearer as its a 3.8 request.

Having read the Overlord thread, the various anonymous and named quotes I believe this to be a move fuelled by popularism and the wrong one entirely.

"Overlord is a bad GM" is a meme in the truest sense, a singular idea that, over the past nine months, has ensnared the hearts of many of our fellow players, and whose basis in truth, or lack thereof, has become irrelevant at this point. 

But the truth is that Overlord is an effective and dedicated GM who has the competence and professionalism to carry out the duties of his delegation, and does not partake in any sort of lulzy or otherwise unsavoury behavior while on the server.

Edited by S4dGuyInSn0

I did clearly in my first post.  Maybe I need to make this clearer as its a 3.8 request.

A PM with all information regarding anything related to Overlord's removal has been sent.

Edited by HeadShot

Contesting, you didn't consult any of us before doing this. No.

Edit, oh, there's a PM in my inbox. One moment:

Based on what I'm looking at, consider this a temporary block. I've been at work the whole time this was discussed though I feel as though this may have justification. But I'd rather not remove an active GM in an environment where there is an active group trying to smear him, which I 100% feel is true.

Edit: My contestation stands, see latest post.

Edited by azzwort

I feel that Overlord, while at times abrasive, is an efficient and effective GM

But there is a certain person/persons at UO who have orchestrated a campaign against him which has resulted in significant damage to his reputation with a large portion of the playerbase

While I hate to give these bullies what they want I feel it would be best if Overlord takes a step back and a less public role for a time

Regardless of Overlords true actions, in my opinion, its now reached the point where he can no longer effectively continue in his role due to the previously mentioned reasons

As such I wont contest

Edited by Fox D

I'm going to contest this officially and let it come to a vote. In the past I have taken it upon myself to defend people who I feel have been singled out due to what I've felt was a personal vendetta, this is one of those times. Overlord has had a number of complaints against him, and I agree that this is not a good thing. Internally overlord made a thread documenting GMs behavior on the server, the intent of this was to have evidence to back up his defense of the complaints leveled against him, specifically that other GMs don't take admin and he is forced to do so. This thread was created due to a suggestion I made to him and I stand by that what I suggested was the right move, though it was handled poorly. Overlord, you're either going to be gone in a week or stay.

GOOD LUCK.

Edited by azzwort

By not contesting your own removal request are you now abstaining?

At present I am reading this as one vote to keep and two abstaining votes.

I am also voting in favor of removal at this time.

By not contesting your own removal request are you now abstaining?

At present I am reading this as one vote to keep and two abstaining votes.

To clarify, I am voting yes to remove Overlord as a GM. 

Voting in favor of removal.

(in case people are waiting for a removal poll thread. this is it. So its now that you shall state your opinion)

Any officer may remove a game moderator pending a 24 hour notice, but if at least 1 officer takes exception to this, then a 2/3 majority vote amongst officers in the affirmative of removing the game moderator must be conducted for 1 week. In both cases, the polls must be public so that the other officers may see who is voting for either option. In both cases, passage of 24 hours does not exclude the game moderator from due process or the ability of other officers to appeal, it is simply the minimum time required before an officer may act unilaterally; a vote could still resolve the issue after the fact for up to 1 week. (As per Voted SOP).
http://www.unitedoperations.net/wiki/Game_Service_Office

/Edit - Reading is hard - If i was an officer would i vote in favor of the removal.

Edited by Perfk

vote amongst officers

You're an idiot.

User received a warning point for this post.

Edited by Nathan
3.2 - Racist, Offensive, Harassing, Bullying, or Personal Attacks.

I don't get why this is such a issue, clearly this Overlord is not doing his job properly. So why are we making his removal such a big deal. He's clearly the problem and we need to remove the problem.

If this is based off of the quotes from that thread it would appear to be a group of individuals conspiring against Overlord.  If so the officers should be ashamed of themselves for giving into this group.  Right now I do not see anything in that thread that would warrant a removal.

You don't even play on the primary like most people who are sticking up for Overlord. I'm not even sure why you guys are even allowed to have opinion about this.

rQieHEk.png

What a joke.

Edited by Impulse 9
2.1 & 3.4 - Off Topic posting.

I don't get why this is such a issue, clearly this Overlord is not doing his job properly. So why are we making his removal such a big deal. He's clearly the problem and we need to remove the problem.

You don't even play on the primary like most people who are sticking up for Overlord. I'm not even sure why you guys are even allowed to have opinion about this.

rQieHEk.png

What a joke.

It could be worse...

5Cjsdqh.png

I honestly do not believe it is an issue of a vocal minority not being in favor of Overlord at this point. When the owner of the community asks a GM to take a break for 3 months, I think that means his time is up.

Edited by Impulse 9
3.4 - Off Topic posting.

Kalohe can have an opinion on this because game time metrics means jack shit in determining if he is aware and up to date on this controversy.

And Overlord is indeed controversial, but not so much because of what he has done wrong as a GM, but more because of what people say about him. If Overlord quite clearly deserves to be removed as a GM we can compare him to past GMs where the case was clear cut. We have Fighter aka "The Worst GM Ever". I can point to Verox who would abuse the GM console to drop bombs on players at his own whim. Overlord has only ever stepped in the same shit every other GM before him did too including myself, but apparently he is the one with the dirty boots and should be strung out like such. I wonder what gives.

EDIT: and would someone for the love of fuck please move this to the correct thread. This is not a policy discussion.

Edited by J.B.

Kalohe can have an opinion on this because game time metrics means jack shit in determining if he is aware and up to date on this controversy.

And Overlord is indeed controversial, but not so much because of what he has done wrong as a GM, but more because of what people say about him. If Overlord quite clearly deserves to be removed as a GM we can compare him to past GMs where the case was clear cut. We have Fighter aka "The Worst GM Ever". I can point to Verox who would abuse the GM console to drop bombs on players at his own whim. Overlord has only ever stepped in the same shit every other GM before him did too including myself, but apparently he is the one with the dirty boots and should be strung out like such. I wonder what gives.

EDIT: and would someone for the love of fuck please move this to the correct thread. This is not a policy discussion.

All timevSMLFFK.png

Past Year

cRJ5xhI.png

I would argue that playtime can give an indicator whether the person is talking from experience or is simply making assumptions. We can assume from Gametracker and the sign in sheet that the person would have hours to back up his story.

This is also the place for the removal of a GM if you would reference the location of the previous removal threads. 

JbOVLPN.png

Edited by Impulse 9
3.4 - Off Topic posting.

This is where the location of all future nominations / removals will be held.

I stand corrected on the thread placement.

Your assumption still doesn't mean anything definitive. As a regular I have access to the internal review sub forum where Overlord has a thread that is the birth place of this removal thread. I talk to other people that can provide me with information. My perception of the world isn't wrong or discardable should I lose my eye sight since I have other senses left to provide me with the information. This game time metric is an age old discussion usually used when talking about regular removals and it could hold some sway there. But when it comes to deciding whether or not I or Kalohe are suitable to weigh in on a situation it means absolutely nothing and the point is moot. If you want to discuss this further you can either PM me or dig up some old removal polls.

Back on track.

We have never had a GM create this much drama in the history of UO. The entire reason why GM's exist is to maintain the quality of play on the server and create that "UO Atmospehere". If we are getting this many players going out of their way to make a complaining post then who knows the number who have just left due to them not enjoying the admin style. I have always seen the best server admins take a reactive approach to the server. by feeling out the player bases opinion for choosing mission types and banning and kicking when necessary. Overlord instead leads mission selection by choice and goes out of his way to process bans or find people on the edge of screwing up by camping RCON. I really think we should put down this drama lama.