Drekal

This will be a thing apparently

While I liked the radar, I prefer without it now, but would be nice to have the name list.

The list can be useful but we have been getting along fine without the whole STHud thing

Hopefully we can just turn it off and forget it exists

What are we gonna do if it isn't, is what I worry more about...

Even if its there you don't have to look at it. :biggrin:

I'm happy and sad at the same time. Happy that it is now an official thing but sad we will probably never see it in UO even though it doesn't bother me anymore that we are not using STHUD. I'm weird D:

Edited by Drekal

Honestly I always found StHud useful, because it makes up for the lack of physicality in the game that turns simple things as feeling your surroundings really hard. I am still learning to play without it and I cannot say I am not struggling, but all in all isn't the "teleport to your TL" a fail-safe for catastrophic lose of bearings?

Maybe if StHud weren't a magic eye but were based on the player's perception (which cannot be as bad as AI's as long as friendlies are involved) without the other players bearings it could be still of use, but I never read what is specifically wrong with StHud in UO in the first place so...

.. but all in all isn't the "teleport to your TL" a fail-safe for catastrophic lose of bearings? ..

No, not really. The teleport to SL usually only works for a few minutes (defined by MM) when you JIP.

No, not really. The teleport to SL usually only works for a few minutes (defined by MM) when you JIP.

Oh... never got the chance of using it when i got lost, and i usually never JIP so i assumed.

I have to join the boat of people that found StHud extremely useful (i do see the points that was made for its removal) But i can't wait for people to start getting lost during missions in Tanoas jungle :D

btw, Maffa, "teleport to your SL/TL" is for the most part only active for the first few minutes after a player joins the server. I dont think any missions have it set up, so you can teleport if you get to far away from your group. (after the mission is already underway)