Sign in to follow this  
Nathan

Custom Compositions

In the latest A3 update, BI introduced the "custom compositions" tool for the eden editor. This tool allows any user to save, edit, use, and share their unique or time consuming  creations between missions or computers.

To create the composition, right click the things you would like to make a composition and select Save Custom Composition. You can then name the composition and the category it will show under (structures, men, etc). You can also edit the header or delete the composition if you do not want it.

snMD63Q.jpgKkgL2Hf.jpgDt9FzsU.jpg

As mentioned before, these compositions are saved in your documents\Arma 3\compositions folder. You can share the folders located in the compositions folder, which should also have the same name you gave the composition in-game.

saGWAP2.png

LX7Vr59.png

So no more copying from one map to another, having to share the sqm, or just giving parts to other people. 

The attributes are also saved, including the init box, name, rank, etc. This tool is perfect for bases, orbats, module configurations, etc.

Thanks for sharing this!  This seems like a really nice feature to better structure the mission making process and allows to speed it up.  Guess you no longer have to make your own "missions" that are being used as frameworks from where you have to copy/paste your ORBATS and structures.

As someone who is recently not active in ArmA and just frequently checks the forums here I appreciate it a lot when people post such news.  Wouldn't have heard about this feature for a while otherwise, so thanks again!

Does this copy the arsenal/equipment of the units inside of the composition and unit inits as well?

Does this make template platoons obsolete? In the sense that we have to send people mission files?

Does this copy the arsenal/equipment of the units inside of the composition and unit inits as well?

Yes

Does this make template platoons obsolete? In the sense that we have to send people mission files?

Yes / No. While you don't have to send the entire mission, you still need the files for gear etc, as they don't copy over sadly.

So you only need to copy one folder inside the "composition" folder? That makes it much easier now. Been thinking of making missions, but all the scripting just kills the motivation.

When I am done with exams etc, I plan to make a load of template platoons, using this new feature, in the hope that it encourages some new mission makers. 

Where can I upload my stuff, I'm using this feature for a few weeks now and have one or two things to share. Do we use this thread or the wiki?

Please use the existing wiki template sections

Edited by Fox D

Maybe somewhere on the UO FTP with links in the wiki? A lot of the old template mission links were dropbox and most of them died pretty quickly.

Added some stuff, British light infantry platoon, T-90A Company, US Marines Platoon (Desert Marpat - can easily replaced with Woodland by using a text editor of your choice) with attached MMG and SMAW teams and a Russian BMP-3 Platoon as seen in CO48 Kalachori Nightmare. It's maybe not super realistic but these units should all have the required equipment, cross loaded ammo and radios, if you find serious loadout problems please pm me.