The website is under maintenance - To keep up to date of the current status, please read more here. Normal forum functions should resume over the next few weeks.

Turning my home PC into a home T-6 training station is paying off.  Anyone have recommendations or suggestions on rudder pedals?  Or want to sell a pair you don't use?

Bonus and Unnecessary Flight School Update Photo

13178882_10208225973901506_8170951992161

Edited by HellHound

Few people I know have had these since first prototypes. Very durable, adjustable, precise, best feeling they've every had.

http://mfg.simundza.com/index.php

If you're on a budget, CH and Saitek are only ones I know and Saitek sucks. My right toe brake stopped working, centering is awkward and the whole thing is too plasticky.

Very cool pic! Have they given you your call-sign yet?

As for rudder pedals, the CH Pros have a fairly big footprint, so if you were planning on wearing shoes or boots while flying, they would probably work. The only drawback is that they are a little close together. I've head good things about the Saitek combat pedals but have no first-hand experience with them.

Very cool pic! Have they given you your call-sign yet?

As for rudder pedals, the CH Pros have a fairly big footprint, so if you were planning on wearing shoes or boots while flying, they would probably work. The only drawback is that they are a little close together. I've head good things about the Saitek combat pedals but have no first-hand experience with them.

Watch first 20 seconds of my video of tonight's sortie. Fluffer will tell you :D

I use CH Pro Pedals, but because I use them on carpet they slide around a a bit. I ended up just keeping them pressed against my wall, but if I press all the way down on the pedal and apply full rudder I end up kicking the wall with the pedals. That's really my only complaint about them. They are very easy to use and don't require software (I think it uses a one time install driver on a cd), but its been about 3-4 years so I cant remember. I hope you have fun in flight school man!

I use the Saitek Combat Pedals and they are pretty good. Solid quality, toe brakes, and they are big so you have no trouble fitting your foot on them. They bow out to the crosswind though.

I use the Saitek not-Combat pedals (Pro Flight, I think?), and they're okay. A bit plastic-y, but I haven't had any issues with them so far.

Despite the obvious budget question, you should also consider the kind of aircraft you mainly want to fly.

If it is helos or maybe even WW2 aircraft, where precise rudder input can give you a significant edge in combat and flight, you might want to consider the already mentioned MFG Crosswind pedals. 

They're expensive but offer unmatched precision and adjustability, as far as I know.

Otherwise should jet fighters, commercial airliners and what not be your thing, I'd go for something cheaper since the increased precision from the Crosswinds won't give you that much of an edge and it's basically wasted money.

I personally own the Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, as far as I've read up on them, they are basically the same as the Combat Pedals except for the pedal design, feel free to correct me.

They're okay and do their job, but have obvious drawbacks for pedals in that price category in terms of feel, precision, quality etc. but are good entry level pedals nevertheless.

TL;DR

Flying helicopters, WW2 aircraft? 

• Yes: Spend a bit more
  • No: Spend whatever you're comfortable with
Edited by ElBastardo

ElBastardo ->

Turning my home PC into a home T-6 training station is paying off.

;)

ElBastardo ->

:wink:

Well, since the budget wasn't mentioned and I figured he will still fly other aircraft with his rig, I wanted to offer general advice as to what would be best value for each specific type of aircraft, this way he can draw his own conclusion. 

Edited by ElBastardo

T-6B Texan II to T-45 hopefully, but by then the simulator isn't important.

No callsign yet. I'm still 2 weeks from flying the T-6 itself.

Edited by HellHound

Hey, I did a similar picture a while back. TWINSIES.

I have saiteks rudder pedals.

Let me know how your dollar ride goes.

TyA76pQ.jpg

Edited by Fluffer