Sign in to follow this  
Reaper Two

Overwatch

Its not just a heavy machine gun watching your six, it's a first person shooter designed by a company named after an annoying weather pattern.

It's pretty solid so far, with the characters being different enough for me to wonder when I'm going to find the guy who just ends the game with his ultimate. Cthulu or something to that effect.

Its politically correct in that there is every size and race of being included in the lineup. Well. Excluding mad irishman [notice there's no redheads with accents in the hero list]

For those of us that pre-ordered, it unlocked yesterday. Everyone else gets to play this weekend for free. If you decide to check it out, MiranEitan is my battlenet handle. I gotcher back <3.

That was so Disney, it gave me diabetes, literally it looks like it is in the same world as big hero 6

What is the difference between this and Team fortress, other than characters?

Faster gunplay for sure, its closer to a twitch shooter than team fortress is in my opinion.

The matches themselves feel very Wolfenstiney if you remember that gem from a million years ago. Similar objective based maps.

Characters make a pretty big difference. I'd be hard pressed to point at two of them and say they're the same. [Pharah and Bastion are the most similar, but one's a ground based tank like thing and the other is a mecha that flies around and shit]

The animations and scenery is very Disney which is kinda funny. All the characters are very stereotypical when it comes to that sorta thing.

Performance is pretty smooth, I saw now slowdowns.  Class selection is pretty good, with multiple roles per archetype.  Individual classes can make or break a push or killstreak.  Graphics are hyper stylized while not becoming too distracting.  I cant say there were that any hard counter could be defeated or worked around.  Being able to identify the classes is required to know how to play against it.

Objective Pushcart gameplay allows defenders to push backwards which is very welcome compared to the team fortress equivalent.   At times some characters will feel very twitch based, but they are often glass cannon type roles.  I ended up enjoying it more than I thought I would... not enough to spend $60 on it, but a good 15 to 25 maybe if there was interest in it.

I believe the normal edition [non origins] is 40 dollars, which is more than fair IMO.

All origins gets you is a few skins in a couple of different games and the main game itself.

I play this often. If anyone else does add me: Keif#21159

Shocking that no Overwatch UO updates since may. i play the overwatch as Century#21122. Play the Overwatch especially as Genji is dead and D.VA gremlin is live

I''m so inclined to buy this on the PC over PS4/One - competitiveness & playerbase being maintained.