Sign in to follow this  
HeadShot

Squad Wednesday Postponed

Hello,

As of late, the number of players who have shown up for Squad Wednesday has dwindled and disappeared. I feel Squad, in its current state, is severely lacking in features and replayability.

When vehicles are released, there will be both renewed interested and a much-needed breath of fresh air, which will see the viability of "planned play sessions" for Squad returning.

Until there's a major update or inclusion of highly sought after features, I will not promote another "Squad Wednesday" play session. 

I apologize for any inconveniences this may cause.

To reiterate, this in no way means "don't play squad", it just means I'm not going to make any effort into promoting play sessions until Squad has a reasonable following & new features that improve replayability.

Hello,

As of late, the number of players who have shown up for Squad Wednesday has dwindled and disappeared. I feel Squad, in its current state, is severely lacking in features and replayability.

When vehicles are released, there will be both renewed interested and a much-needed breath of fresh air, which will see the viability of "planned play sessions" for Squad returning.

Until there's a major update or inclusion of highly sought after features, I will not promote another "Squad Wednesday" play session. 

I apologize for any inconveniences this may cause.

To reiterate, this in no way means "don't play squad", it just means I'm not going to make any effort into promoting play sessions until Squad has a reasonable following & new features that improve replayability.

It gonna gets mod support relatively soon from what ive read and then it might get really interesting.also coding will be much easier than f.e. in arma.the agility and hit detection work great and climbing ladders f.e. is just so much better if this gets big maps and addons this could get viral...also the basic medic system would allow proper modification and could get similar to ace..not sure on view distances and scopes they are horrible at this point

Edited by DaFreak

I play this often. If anyone is up for a game sometime add me on steam.

Keif or nWo_Zezima

I'm looking forward to the update, it should be any day now...

I expect it to be broken on launch, but if not, lets play.

Broken? Nah! Never. 
I joined a server just before, the map changed and everyone was kicked with a fatal error.
Went for another server. Vehicle derp going on at the sweetest. Ural drives against a trash bin and does like 2160-kickflip into the air... I am sure he would have continued, but the entire server imploded by the overload of generated physics. 
Finally found a server where things at first went smooth. Then I was wondering about the physics thingy and the server doing all that work with 72 players and several vehicles (devs said they bound the ragdoll class now constantly to the playermodel, which keeps it semi-active). Well believe it or not, with my 1070 my usual 90-120 fps started going south when player count went above 50 to about 30-39. At that point I started wishing for a technical derby. 

TL;DR: Broken, bad performance, broken - burn it with fyre and run away.