Impulse 9

Removal of Tinfoilhate from MMO

Remove Tinfoilhate from MMO  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Remove Tinfoilhate from MMO

• Yes
    • No

Yes, Tinfoil's longstanding inactivity definitely warrants such. If you ever come back and decide to work again with the MMO I'd happily vote yes.

What do our current MMO's have to say about this?  I believe when being voted in both had no issues with Tin, has this changed?  Has there been any attempts to talk to Tin by the other officers?

Edit: Clarification Tin last logged onto the forums on the 21st. 

Edited by kalohepirate

I subscribe to the idea that people should not sit idle on a position of power, both officer and delegate positions.
I have no problem with Tinfoil personally and should this poll pass and he later return I would be happy to have him back in the office.

Tinfoil has been included in all of the internal PMs between myself and Fox D and has not given his opinion on any of the issues we discussed.
He has also been include in the MMO private discord and has never contributed there as well. I have not had any communication from him since Fox and I took office; To be fair, we never directly asked him his option specifically, but often things between the three of us were worded "What do you guys think about..."

Voting Yes

I echo what Briland has said. Tinfoil has been great but has been quite inactive for some time. We have 2 new officers who have restructured some things for mission making and we now get our missions uploaded to the server fast and broken missions resolved quickly after the MMO went stagnant. Voting Yes.

Unfortunately yes.

The length of his absence and lack of communication during it despite some forum logging and no seeming return soon makes the case. While I understand the reasoning being something personal and possibly grave only a handful if any but Impulse knows why and it makes any empathy difficult since I don't know what to feel emphatic about. If you do read this, Tin, I am not asking for an explanation but hopefully you'll understand my choice. 

Edited by J.B.

Yes, he has been practically inactive for such a long time.

I hope he returns nevertheless. 

Yes due to tall the reasons already mentioned above.

I don't know how I feel about this......

While I agree with the sentiments that people should not sit inactive in offices, Tinfoil has been around for as long as I can remember and he has been MMO for all that time. He has given an absurd amount of time to this office and community and I don't like the idea of feeling like I have usurped what I will always think of as "his"

At the moment he is not hurting anyone sitting where he is so for now I am going to abstain from this vote

I have to agree with FoxD here. There is no harm in him being in that position. Because he does not comment on the private PMs does not mean he's not reading them and has no opinion. I'll say no for now.

It's not about doing harm and I'd wager no one believes Tin does actual harm. The only negative outcome of this is a degradation of the officer role. Just as I did when I was Training Officer one should resign when they can't fulfil their duties or are not able to muster the effort and will to do the job they were voted in for. If he doesn't exercise the extra authority granted to him by the regulars then what is the point in him keeping them? 

I have to agree with FoxD here. There is no harm in him being in that position. Because he does not comment on the private PMs does not mean he's not reading them and has no opinion. I'll say no for now.

Officership entitles certain tasks and jobs, the purpose is to organize, manage, and maintain the office which he officiates, among other tasks. In being inactive Tinfoil is not performing his appointed or expected duties -- thus no longer deserving of the position. It's nothing personal. Once an officer or delegate becomes inactive there is no reason to allow them to maintain and mire the office.

It's not about doing harm and I'd wager no one believes Tin does actual harm. The only negative outcome of this is a degradation of the officer role. Just as I did when I was Training Officer one should resign when they can't fulfil their duties or are not able to muster the effort and will to do the job they were voted in for. If he doesn't exercise the extra authority granted to him by the regulars then what is the point in him keeping them? 

I respect your opinion and view point but was sorry to see you step down from your officer role.  It seems positive to have people in positions even if they are inactive.  Even if their activity is utilized infrequently.  No one is paid.  Seems better to have someone in the position rather than no-one. 

I think the bigger question is ... what harm does it do to keep an officer on the books?

I think the bigger question is ... what harm does it do to keep an officer on the books?

The harm is that the office gets stagnant. When tinfoil was the only MMO and we started having huge issues with getting missions uploaded or removed. His inactivity was a detriment to the server. Had he resigned or made it more clear he was going to have an extended LOA we probably would have tried to nominate someone faster.

The harm is that the office gets stagnant. When tinfoil was the only MMO and we started having huge issues with getting missions uploaded or removed. His inactivity was a detriment to the server. Had he resigned or made it more clear he was going to have an extended LOA we probably would have tried to nominate someone faster.

If we'd known ..we probably would have tried to nominate someone faster.  Fair point,  not going to disagree.  I don't know why we only had Tin for so long. 

But does the office get stagnant just because we have an inactive officer or because NO-ONE is active.  We don't have a limit on the maximum number of officers, so if we have 20 officers with only 18 that are very active, do we need to kick out the less active 2?  That was the situation I was thinking of.  Currently we have other MMOs.  What harm comes from having an officer waiting in the wings.  Does it limit anyone else new from becoming an officer?  Does it limit the effect or authority of the very active officers?  Perhaps the real issue is an inactive OFFICE and educating members that the UO positions are available and we encourage members to step up.

And just to clarify.  I'm not an MMO but I like the idea of having skilled people in positions ready to assist and help in case they are needed.  Sort of like reserves or supplementary reserves.  

I respect your opinion and view point but was sorry to see you step down from your officer role.  It seems positive to have people in positions even if they are inactive.  Even if their activity is utilized infrequently.  No one is paid.  Seems better to have someone in the position rather than no-one. 

To add onto fusionpoo, I think it's about being consistent.

If Tin was the only current MMO and was inactive, we would: a. Get someone else to do the job and, b. remove the person who was inactive. The detrimental aspects to the previous hypothetical scenario are not prevalent at the moment because he is not the only MMO.

If in the future an officer who has no colleagues in that particular office is inactive, your argument is basically supporting that person to continue to be both inactive and alone in that office.

So, for the sake of consistency, Tin should probably be removed until he has more time on his hands. Definitely nothing personal.

Edited by Gabe

Yeah, I can't really argue with this. I'm not dead or anything, just inactive, so it seems like a reasonable course of action.

If I was dead, there would have better been a goddamned monument.

If I was dead, there would have better been a goddamned monument.

Simpsons-season-1-8-the-telltale-head.jp

Are you sure about that?

On topic so I dont get in trouble- if he becomes active again you guys should vote him back in. Hes a good MMO.

Edited by Kevin31