Sign in to follow this  
PaxJaromeMalues

RATELO Service Reference Cards

I don't think we should be using three letter codes to replace plain speak and adding complexity further complicating basic communication in game. Players in game hardly use established military pro-words or use their own call sign half the time.

I agree here.  We have a few years worth of RTO graduates around that would give you a WTF if they given a Q code. 

By this logic 5 by 5 has to go

Yup. The obvious difference is that a lot of people know what 5 by 5 means (though probably not what 4 by 1 would mean, I imagine), and it's not easily confusable with another three letter code.

Q codes have military applications:

Yes, for morse code, where sending three letters is massively preferable to an entire sentence, especially when it's something you use over and over again.

Wish that it would. Too many times have I cried "25!" over the net, only to realise that they mean that thy can hear me.

I agree, the majority haven't a clue how that system works. They just know 5x5 means a successful radio check.

Lima Charlie - Loud and Clear

Broken and Unreadable

ect...

Lima Charlie - Loud and Clear

Broken and Unreadable

ect...

Sorry, seems like I missed your post somehow.

BREVITY SHEET UPDATED

added: LC / BU

Sorry for the Inconvenience if someone already printed these, but due to some feedback I decided to change the layout of the:

• CFFS RTO Artillery
  • CFFS RTO CAS

But until next year these should be the last significant changes to the documents.

KR

Pax

Hi,

RTO and JTAC Brevity sheets have been combined, reworked and updated to the wiki.
This doc is now thought for colored duplex printing and lamination.

There will be NO further updates about any action card changes in this forum topic from this point forward!

If you search for info/updates look at the wiki pages history or the pdf-file history page.

Pls close this topic.

~Pax