Impulse 9

Charter 4.3.8 Modification

Charter 4.3.8 Modification  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Charter 4.3.8 Modification

• Yes
    • No

Original Charter Definition

4.3.8 - Officers may delegate their pre-existing duties and powers, as defined by the Charter, to other Regulars. Each office must maintain a clearly worded definition of delegated powers and a complete list of those who are tasked with them. Definitions and lists must be publicly viewable on the Forum. Delegates may be voted out of their positions by a general operation (simple majority poll with one (1) week duration). Delegates voted out of a position cannot be granted delegated powers again under that office unless voted upon by the community of Regulars.

Proposed Charter Definition

4.3.8 - Officers may delegate their pre-existing duties and powers, as defined by the Charter, to other Regulars. Each office must maintain a clearly worded definition of delegated powers and a complete list of those who are tasked with them. Definitions and lists must be publicly viewable. Delegates may be voted out of their positions by a general operation (simple majority poll with one (1) week duration). Delegates voted out of a position cannot be granted delegated powers again under that office unless voted upon by the community of Regulars.

Intent - Removal of the forum as the primary location of documentation to be maintained.

This poll requires a 3/4 vote lasting 2 weeks.

Does this mean that if the list of delegates is hosted on pastebin it's okay, then?

If it said "the Forums or the Wiki" then maybe.

Needs to substitute in a specific place for it to be found. Otherwise an officer could nail it to a tree outside his house and it would be "publicly viewable", but of no use to the community. 

Its silly, but i also think that it should be "on a UO public service" - this should catch the forum, wiki, and what ever we can think up in the future. But leave out private Githubs, Google drives, pastebins etc.

Voted no, should be rephrased.

Its silly, but i also think that it should be "on a UO public service" - this should catch the forum, wiki, and what ever we can think up in the future. But leave out private Githubs, Google drives, pastebins etc.

Voted no, should be rephrased.

I don't even agree that it should be on a UO 'public service'; we should not have to go fishing across various mediums to find each officers' list. There should be a nominated place that is easily accessible. If that is the wiki, I am not too fussed; it just needs to say so. 

I feel that the forums is the most updated and moderated medium we have. Therefore any information that is liable to change should be listed on the forums, probably in each office's sub forum. At the least, reword it to say UO wiki and/or forum.

Agreed on the points raised. This specific charter section should be reviewed in policy discussion a bit later.

This single entry should be better defined in it's aspect with sub points for the key aspects.

The last portion of it is implied by any voting operation and should be considered superfluous.

Voting against this proposal at the moment.  I have no problem with the wording being generalized but there should be a companion guide to outline the general procedures or a general discussion to read a consensus on where the documentation should be posted. Some things do not necessary require a rule through a charter amendment but there should be some form of agreed upon repository.