Impulse 9

Fusionpoo for PRO

Add Fusionpoo as a PRO  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Add Fusionpoo as a PRO

• Yes
    • No

Hello my name is Fusionpoo and I would like to be a Public Relations Officer for United Operations. 

In the past I had previously held this title for about two years starting sometime around 2011 still in the early years of the community's founding. I resigned after I got tired of the office, and after a poll that failed to remove me as an officer stole my motivation for the community. It's been four years since then (omgwtf.avi) and in the meantime i've finished college, grew a beard, worked a few jobs, shaved the beard, got a youtube video viral, and have for the most part consistently been around the community as a participating Regular. Outside of the end of arma 2 when things were getting stale I have been in the community since its start and can't think of another place I would game. In terms of what I wish to accomplish as an officer I will list below. I hope that even if my poll fails that these ideas are still attempted in some way.

Goals as a PRO
1. Make further use of the UO Steam Community and other programs such as discord to announce and track more UO activities. Steam is such a centralized and easy to use program where we know everyone who plays our main game Arma 3 uses it.
2. Fix United Operations adsense for monetization. I know this is a google thing which makes it annoying to say the least. This is also mostly in Impulse's territory but having dealt with an adsense ban in the past if in any way I can assist in getting this revenue stream flowing again it would be a good thing for the servers. 
3. Support and fast track event creation. I believe a form needs to be created that you can fill out on the forums as well as more support for regulars to "assemble" and get the community playing. Any tools we have that we can give to regulars to directly tap into the playerbase will create more activity and good gameplay across all our servers and supported games.
4. Work with the MMO to make Olsen Framework the supported mission making framework and create data to assist in the creation of missions. Arma 3 Event missions need to have consistent performance at high player counts for quality gameplay. Since this past fall I got back into mission making and found that the Olsen framework and the way it utilizes the scripts and has a way to consistently update entire mission framework is a great tool for new mission makers and for the stability of gameplay across all missions.  
5. Support Squad in a more official capacity and start creating squad events. Squad is turning out to be a solid title and the continued development will probably only increase the quality of the title. I think this is a great title where the player base from arma can relax a bit and any people who wander over to our arma server from squad can find a similar mature environment. 
6. Utilize GM's more for event monitoring and running and get more GM's. I believe if we are to have this sudo admin group above the regulars that they should at least contribute more in the community in terms of actual game mastering and game game running. I think we should nominate a few more gm's as we should not have a stagnant pool of top of the channel names dare I call them... channel... overlords...
7. Attempt to support more United Operations media and advertising with targeted well made videos such as Cephei’s year in review. This is the biggest way we expose ourselves to new members and our currently we don't have an officer who actually releases video content.
8. My overall intention is to make little things like playing Squad on tuesday or everyone hopping on Europa, Civ, Wargame with the UO community more frequent and easier to get into.
9. Bring “Fun” back into the Charter.

Examples of my media

This poll requires a simple majority vote lasting 2 weeks.

Is this poll a joke?  From reading your poll request and reasons for why you want to be a PRO again, I am having a very hard time taking the content seriously, and if I should be reporting the content or not.  If this is a serious request, I will respond with the points below.  I will not bring up any past events or issues outside of the above list at this time.

1 - Adoption of secondary communication mediums (aside from steam) have yet to be determined.  Discord is not ready for primary use, integration requirements have not been meet to support this program.  Event Notifications via Steam sounds fine, but not everyone joins the steam group.  Forced joining of the steam group is something that I am hesitant to make a requirement on the userbase.
2 - This is an issue between adsense and myself, it is unable to be resolved by another party at this time.
3 - Our current event SOPs exist for a reason, Fast track events something we already support should they be proposed.  This still requires events to be proposed by Members and Regulars.
4 - Not a function of PRO - a required mission framework will not be approved nor required at UnitedOperations.  We will not be restricting mission development to one static mission framework option.
5 - Squad is not out of early access, We already officially support it, but there is no "need" for extra subfourms based on it's current volume of activity in the existing thread.
6 - This is already the role of the GMs, if more wish to apply they have been free to do so under the existing system.  If someone wishes to apply as a GM all it takes is a request. Event participation can not be forced on volunteers if they are unable to attend.
7 - Examples needed.
8 - There are no current restrictions on this that would require an officer role.
9 - That will require a poll that requires a 75% vote lasting two weeks.

Your behavior once got us banned from armaholic.

You consistently showed up late or not at all to events without establishing some kind of backup event runners.

Your pictures are both unprofessional and do not follow the UO branding.

You smoke weed all the time and I do not feel that you have the maturity to communicate with other communities. Because of this.

Instead of owning up to these things or demonstrating a willingness to change these ways, you instead tell me to fuck myself and that I'm wrong without being able to refute them.

Why exactly would I want to vote yes?

Voting no.

Edited by azzwort

Yes. If adding more PRO's means more events, then I support the effort, and am willing to give this a try. Sure, there is more to the Public Relations Office than just putting on events. However, the main difference between now and 2010-13 is event frequency. Events motivate people to make meeshuns, and it motivates people to play these meeshuns. My most constructive criticism of the PR Office is as follows: Whenever I have asked the PR Office why events have significantly dropped in frequency in the last three years, every time the response has been the following:

"Nobody has proposed an event"

"There are no meeshuns on the server to make an event"

I don't think these are legitimate claims to justify the lack of events. I believe that Officers of any division must not only serve as passive administrators (such as acting on event requests or general requests from below), but should set a direction for their office from a position of leadership. This includes taking the initiative and making events, among other things, including pushing forward new initiatives or forging relationships with other communities. The PR Office is especially important because it sets the pulse for the rest of the community.     

If a meeshun is stable and is on primary, it is by definition event-worthy. If an event consists of 15 people, 40 people, or 100 people, it's still an event. I get it, it can take a lot of effort to put on an event. Events do not  have to include labor intensive planning such as 100 page briefings and elaborate leadership and role slotting. The event roster can simply be a list of people who RSVP'd for the event, and I'm sure this has been the case before in some events. Nowhere in the Event SOP's does it state anything that is overly laborious, minus the custom content testing period rule which makes 100% sense. We have plenty of large meeshuns on primary right now that could qualify as event-worthy. Even if we recycled three meeshuns once a month every four months, the activity on primary would be incredibly improved. If someone disagrees, then why not try it out?

Anyone who promises increased event activity is worth a try, even if it is the infamous Fusionpoo. Maybe the PR Office needs more help.

Force

User received a warning point for this post.

Edited by kalohepirate
3.5 - Catchphrases, Memes, Image Macros and Internet Speak/Slang. Based on its original content when it was reported.

I am not going to respond to things that failed to get me removed as an officer 4 years ago azzwort, you can dig up that thread if you want to but clearly your opinions dont change over years. We were banned from armaholic? that wasnt me, missed event, dads stroke...

I disagree with how our current officers run the PRO to say the least. The community is stale and needs some new ideas in the officer corps. I worked with Headshot and Briland to start the UO Strategy Game Sundays and wish to make more inhouse events like this. I actually dont want to communicate much with external communities and would leave that to other PRO's, but even so I talked to many communities before without issue. I do have a professional life and am not fool enough to allow what I do recreationally to affect my job, and the same would be of the community. Im sorry you see my art as unprofessional, I didn't create it to adhere to the PRO "standards", and if I become a PRO -- I would use due diligence to have any media created adhere to a professional and mature standard to best befit the PRO as I did in the past.

Good plan, take an adversarial stance with the people you're supposed to work with.

Banned from armaholic WAS you, it was your double post.

It wasn't just one event with your dad's stroke, which was a perfectly reasonable reason to miss an event. It was several, in-fact the reason we were so incredulous when you did have a good reason for missing the event was because you had done so on other occasions.

If you don't intend to uphold UO branding there's no reason for you to be part of this office.

If you want my response to your points, see impulse's post.

To sum up: You did not communicate with me or impulse before putting up your poll, when asked about it on TS you basically said "fuck you I don't need you" even though regardless of the community's feelings in regards to you passing this poll you will still have to work with us. You have an established track record for behavior that lacks maturity, and I do not feel that you are at all capable of doing the work in a fashion that will maintain established community standards and branding. Instead of ignoring my points like you should, you instead argued them in spite of a much more direct series of points in regards to your current plans being posted. Overall, my feelings have not been swayed by your behavior.

Still voting no.

Edited by azzwort

For anyone who may need context, here is the Removal poll of FusionPoo and specifically the Officer chat regarding the ban from Armaholic. http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/topic/9131-officer-removal-fusionpoo-3-10-2011/?p=115962

1.       Not my position to discuss but Impulse has already stated his opinion on this

2.       Role of the GSO and WSO, not PRO

3.       Care to elaborate on this point?

4.       MMO’s should not support a required framework as well as interference by potential PRO’s who think otherwise.

5.       Squad is an official UO game, with official UO servers and TS3 channels. Apart from a dedicated section of the forums how else would we officially support this title?

6.       I’ve always been a firm supporter of nominees insulting those who will be voting them in...

7.       I have openly supported a stronger dedication to video exposure of UO and as Verox stated after Lancer’s videos our unique visitors increased. Will you prioritise media exposure if you were to become PRO?

8.       All of these do not require you to be PRO, we regularly play games on agreed days without the need of a PRO.

9.       I presume at this point of your poll you stopped taking it seriously and just winged it?

From your post alone, I’m inclined to vote no.

Most of your propositions to entice us to vote yes can already be done without you personally becoming PRO whilst some other points highlight your lack of understanding of the role you are wishing to apply for.

I would advise revising your statement and updating us on things you personally could do as PRO that would convince us to vote yes. 

Edited by j0zh94

Goals as a PRO

1. I can't really argue with this, but I9 has stated the reasons why this can't be so and I trust him to do his job. 

2. Apparently you'll have to sack this

3. Can you give examples? How would you give regulars better tools than they already have?

4. This is nothing to do with the PRO. But out of curiosity how do you think this would work?

5. Squad is already official

6. This is what GMs already do. Speaking as someone who has been a GM 90% of the time I have been a regular I take offense to your insinuation that we don't serve a purpose. Regardless GMs come under the GSO, which you are not applying for....

7. Can't argue with this

8. How will you do this? At the moment there are posts on the forums and channels on TS, what else would you/could you do that is not already being done?

9. "Fun" was removed from the charter because it was being used as a catch-all for people doing stupid shit in the name of "fun". I like to have fun as much as the next guy but I don't want to give certain elements those excuses back (But again, this isn't a post about the charter its a post about being a PRO)

So really of your 9 points I find myself in agreement with 1.

This coupled with your apparent intention to interfere in the operations of other offices (MMO, GSO) and aggressive behaviour towards the existing officers tell me that you A. Can't decide what you actually want to apply for and B. Don't play well with others, which leads me to believe that your interference in other offices will likely lead to disaster.

Whenever I have spoken to you on TS or in game you have struck me as an alright guy, but at the moment I'm going to lead alot of convincing to vote yes
Edited by Fox D

In response to Impulse's points which I think are not responses to any points I have made but classic Impulse derogatory speak.

1. This is not a response to my proposal. The PRO's should be utilizing everything available to them and to call a program that is the foundation of PC gaming and a  program that I have asked the PRO department to utilize for years as something "yet to be determined" is political speak.

2. Only volunteering to assist. This is a worrying issue.

3. Current Event SOP's have led to the stagnation of the community. We have not had a non arma event in years and the current PRO has not had a non arma event since myself and boon were officers.

4. Assisting another office in what I agree can help the community. At no point did I state this would be the required framework so dont put words in my mouth. Briland the new MMO has stated his support for the Olsen framework and if I can assist in the production of videos or anything for the MMO office as the PRO's should this isnt a negative thing.

5. Squad is not officially supported. We do not have a subforum and their is currently no planned events or anything being done by the PRO's to utilize a great game that could bring us more members. I disagree with the status quo here regarding how we treat all the games we play.

6. As an officer I could directly nominate GM's and still believe GM's should either have the ability to run events or be dismantled as a group and have the powers brought back to regulars as a whole as it was in the past.

7. Media creation and exposure is something that I dont think anybody can even try and argue with me on. As a PRO I would attempt to assist in any way people like cephei, lancer etc who create video content but currently dont have any support from UO as an entitiy. I have a few renders of Intro's that I have given out many times but a repository of free to use introductions, clips, or a singular place to collaborate with others would be a great thing for our video making members

8. As stated earlier the current event SOP's and creation is stagnant and slow. I wish to make these little games and calls to play more frequent and not require all these hoops to jump through just to have some playtime with the community

9. As a founding member of the community having "fun" removed from the charter is baffling. Disagree if you will, but I think their deserves to be fun in our mission statement. I am quite aware of how charter modifications work.

If you view anything that I have posted as derogatory towards yourself or any other user please point it out as I had not intended anything that I posted to come across or be done in that manner.  If you view my manner of posting as some sort of attack, that is not my nature to hide any sort of attack.

I do believe you need to review what you have posted yourself, view the personal attacks that were issued in your own poll's creation.  I view the poll as very childish in it's tone and creation.  Many parts of it I have no other way of viewing it as thinly veiled attempts to target and disparage members both named and unnamed.  It later came to my attention that your your poll request was revised multiple times after people had already urged you not to directly target certain people  in it's submission.  Even after the edits created before its submission, we still have a poll request that reads as a personal attack in many instances.

I will try to reply to this in better manner when I have time away from work latter this night.   If you truly view that my replies and concerns to points you bring up yourself are somehow inflammatory or derogatory to the points that you yourself have brought up on why you want to do work in this department.  I have strong concerns over how we could function in an office together in any sort of professional manner which you appear incapable of.  I have strong concerns over the nature of content that you may or wish to create in the future and present  given the childish responses in this thread that I have viewed so far.

In response to foxd as the the new MMO, in my talks with Briland and his poll he voiced support for Olsens framework. In the past few months I was already in talks with assisting Olsen in making some video tutorials for ease of use of his framework. All I am stating is that if we adopt further use of this framework that UO should have documentation that is well made in an official capacity. The PR office should have someone available to take the lead in such media creation and not have to rely on others for assistance. Also I must correct you especially as a new officer to inform you that GM's are under the umbrella of all officers not just the GSO. Wish you luck and breathe some fresh air into the MMO. The work between the MMO and the PRO is critical in event creation and we have had way to many unstable events in the past.

In response to Azzworts second post digging up years old inaccurate drama. You got us banned from the PR forums when you had one of your classic squabbles with Boondock which got the entire community banned from the PR forums. If you want to turn this into some sort of slander fest it really isnt hard to start bringing up random things that you've pulled while at the helms. Impulses points I have responded to earlier.

In response to Impulse's second post I at no point attacked anyone in my initial post but made apparent my opinions on the state of the community. I have become accustomed to your text mannerisms and for that reason only did I view your post as derogatory. I was urged to edit a few points of my initial post but saw fit that I rather have my opinions on the community heard than placate to the status quo. I have never believed I had an issue working with you Impulse although I see your position as PRO as one of the many hats you juggle here it is clearly not your main concern. 

Edited by fusionpoo

Voting no.  I have found you at times to be extremely childish and do inappropriate things.  Case in point would be your Skype posts and the reason that Discords General Channel description says, "For all members.  Keep thing Safe for Work. - (I mean you FusionPoo.)"

Much as I might enjoy a return to the drama filled days of old with you as an officer Fusion, I must say I share Impulse and azzwort's concerns. Voting no.

You are basically fighting with your co-workers before they are even co-workers. How are you supposed to work together at this rate?

I will have to vote no unless you can describe how you will maintain professionalism while acting as a PRO both within the community and outwards.

You are basically fighting with your co-workers before they are even co-workers. How are you supposed to work together at this rate?

I will have to vote no unless you can describe how you will maintain professionalism while acting as a PRO both within the community and outwards.

In summary of most of my points, it comes down to making events and getting players on the server. I work well with Headshot and have collaborated with him in the past and I have no issue with azzwort or Impulse, although I disagree with how the current office is run.

It comes down to just pumping out events for players to play and getting a working system of delegates for running events.