The website is under maintenance - To keep up to date of the current status, please read more here. Normal forum functions should resume over the next few weeks.

Sign in to follow this  
VKing

Misc Addons for UO

Making a thread for the addons I've made for UO; it seems to be the latest fad.

VK_Markers has its own thread.

Addons I'm currently supporting:
vk_uoMapGrid: Fixes and standardizes the map grids for the maps in our mod pack.

uo_mortar_60mm: Adds a 60mm Mk6 mortar (blame Lancer).

The code is up on GitHub

Download for uo_mortar_60mm: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66038154/UO/Mods/uo_mortar_60mm.7z

This addon was created at the request of Lancer and adds a separate 60mm version of the Mk6 mortar. It is otherwise identical and is compatible with the ACE mortar systems, and will be compatible with the ACE ammunition handling system when that feature is launched.

Classnames:

http://www.unitedoperations.net/wiki/Class_List_-_UO

Edited by VKing

This is awesome man :smile:

Is the mortar/ammo lighter or is it a straight copy?

Thanks. Yes, both the tube and the ammo (later, when that stuff gets added) are lighter, and the rounds are less powerful. It also disassembles and reassembles like it should (uses the standard mortar baseplate and a new tube/bipod assembly).

The ballistics are the same as the original one though, because adding another rangetable is actually a real pain. It's not like 60mm and 81mm mortars have very different ranges anyway.

Edited by VKing

I've tested this a couple of times now and I think it may be using the 81mm shrapnel?

People 100+ meters away are reliably receiving shrapnel from the 60mm

It may be intentional but just incase its not I thought I would let you know

The shrapnel has been toned down from the 82mm variant. If it needs more or less is a matter of research, I guess, but even 60mm mortars produce a lot of fragmentation.

I've updated sys_3CB to disable the init script that's run on units at the start of the game, which has been the cause of some problems regarding gear scripts (the "init" script is run so late that it will override gear scripts).

Because of some dubious practices wrt. how 3CB assign gear to their units, this will result in 3CB units that are not assigned gear through gear scripts will not have vests, backpacks, helmets, or nvgs.

It might be able to fix that issue for AI, but frankly, I'm not terribly inclined to mess with 3CB's scripts in-depth since I can't extract their pbos to make sure I'm not breaking something I can't see.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66038154/UO/Mods/uo_sys_3CB__160215.7z

The easiest fix for this is to place vanilla BLUFOR units and run a gear script using the 3CB stuff on them

It is.

You'll have to make special mention of that to all potential mission makers, and to all mission testers that they have to wait at least ten seconds after starting the test to confirm the loadout works.

It is.

You'll have to make special mention of that to all potential mission makers, and to all mission testers that they have to wait at least ten seconds after starting the test to confirm the loadout works.

Will do