Add FoxD as a MMO  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Add FoxD as a MMO

• Yes
    • No

I would like to put myself forward for MMO

In the last few months our only current MMO Tinfoilhate has been inactive, this has lead to a state of inactivity in the Mission Making Office.

Due to this there have been times where other officers have found themselves having to intervene in order to ensure that this office's responsiblities are discharged.

Why would I be suitable for MMO?

I have a working knowledge of mission making (My scripting knowledge is lacking but other than that I am fine)

I have had many missions on both A2 and A3 (Yes I know some were not fantastic but I do try to make things I think would be fun)

I am one of the few Regulars currently actively making missions for the server

Why should you vote no?

As mentioned above my scripting knowledge is quite poor, but I am trying to learn and there are plenty of other scripters at the community who are in a position to help new mission makers.

I spend chunks of time away, while my work does take me away quite often I always know in advance and I will be taking steps to ensure that there are sufficient delegates to ensure my office will continue to function

I'm not Tin and therefore am not good enough, I agree but unfortunately Tin is not around at the moment.

I do not propose sweeping changes or to mess around with the system as it is. What I do promise is to make sure the MMO continues to function and do the job it is intended to do.

So vote Fox for MMO.... because someones got to do it

This poll requires a majority vote lasting 2 weeks.

Do you currently have any leave of absence planned in the near future?  When Tin returns what are will be your plans?

Do you currently have any leave of absence planned in the near future? When Tin returns what are will be your plans?

In January I will be overseas for a few weeks, but will have internet access for the bulk of the time I am there

That will depend on Tin, if he is happy to take over full ownership of the MMO then I will step down, if he wants to split he workload thats fine with me aswel

I have no intention of usurping the office that Tin has run so well for so long, I merely want it to continue to function to its full capacity in his absence

I haven't really seen any major activity out of you in the Mission Making office, simply making missions doesn't warrant anyone to become an officer. 

Abstaining for now. 

Would vote yes. Primarily because I don't see any other Regulars stepping up to do it, also the amount of broken missions and what not needs addressing. Hopefully with a new MMO we could possibly get the Review team back and properly test missions before the go on the Primary.

He is willing when, apparently no one else will, so I say give him a chance. If he fails (or if Tin becomes more active) he could always step down/ be voted out.  

The position of MMO is not one of the "uber" mission maker, so not being ontop with your scripting is fine so long as you know your limits. The charter outlines the MMO Office and its delegates activities clear enough.

Though I'm not a Reg anymore, what else would you be doing Fox? Delegates at the moment including Kalohepirate and Zumorc are managing the uploads as and when they have the time to. The only real thing you could do if you're intending to hold down the fort until Tinfoil returns without upsetting things is help with the managing of uploads, removals and any reviews. Which is really just a delegate position.

Though I'm not a Reg anymore, what else would you be doing Fox? Delegates at the moment including Kalohepirate and Zumorc are managing the uploads as and when they have the time to. The only real thing you could do if you're intending to hold down the fort until Tinfoil returns without upsetting things is help with the managing of uploads, removals and any reviews. Which is really just a delegate position.

My intention is to be there to handle anything that comes beyond the scope of a delegate, at the moment Impulse is stepping in when questions like this come up http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/topic/25978-update-someone-elses-mission-allowed/?do=findComment&comment=310876

Which isnt his job and I think he has more than enough on his plate to be doing, without having to do another officers work on top of his own.

It would also mean that I would be around to support the delegates and if required appoint new ones, there have been several people in the past who have expressed interest in becoming a mission making delegate but Tin has not been around to deal with them, if I can take some of the workload off of existing delegates by appointing new people then hopefully we can get the mission uploading/removing system working alot smoother

Zumorc and kahloe have been doing a fantastic job for quite a while and I would like to do what I can to make their lives easier

Edited by Fox D

Just for a clarification I resigned as a delegate last week for my own reasons. Fox I sent you a PM with some of those issues.

What is not happening with the mission making office that you want to make happen? What actions or procedures are you intending to facilitate?

Seems more like an application to be a delegate than a MMO.

Even if it was my intention to apply for a delegate position there is no active MMO to accept or appoint me

This illustrates perfectly why we need an active MMO

What is not happening with the mission making office that you want to make happen? What actions or procedures are you intending to facilitate?

Nothing at all is happening with the mission making office other than rouine functions carried out by delegates, 50% of which just resigned.

I intend to ensure and coordinate the functioning of the office, to appoint more delegates and to make some attempt at regularising the mission upload process.

Edited by Fox D

Even if it was my intention to apply for a delegate position there is no active MMO to accept or appoint me

This illustrates perfectly why we need an active MMO

I am forced to agree, though I would like to hear some of your plans for the office beyond delegating further staff.

Voted yes.

I'm not sure what an MMO can do apart from maintain the office. I suppose having the final word on any questionable missions and setting the general direction of the office...

There is alot that can be done with the office as its currently in shambles. Last thing it needs is an officer who would just sit there waiting.

Voting No.

If i had a vote it would be yes. With all the work that needs to be done with our missions now, and on a daily basis, can i not see how we can not need more manpower in the MMO.

(We currently have 21 missions in New, and a buttload of missions thats broken)

Voted yes. I'm not going to be readily available for a while yet, and at the worst-case, it'll provide better issue handling ability.

I now have something for you to do, should you be elected. More information shall be provided if you are elected, the NDA signed and the first born given.

I think the Mission Making Office needs more staff, and if he and Tin are able and willing to work together,

which seems to be the case I'm all for it.

Yes.