The website is under maintenance - To keep up to date of the current status, please read more here. Normal forum functions should resume over the next few weeks.

Emerald

Unsung ArmA 3 Mod Discussion

I was looking through posts on Facebook, followed the link to the latest ArmA 3 Patch, and I noticed the following mod for ArmA 3:

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod for ArmA 3

Linky: http://www.armanam.eu/index.html

I looked through the stuff they had available on the website, and so far it looks pretty good.

I did notice there are a few things that would (potentially) make goon's Vietnam Series of missions look and feel better.

I am planning on downloading it to see what all it has available to it.

I had a look at the pictures on their website and while some of their stuff does look good I think theres other things that needs alot of work

I would say its worth keeping an eye on but probably not for implementation right now

I had a look at the pictures on their website and while some of their stuff does look good I think theres other things that needs alot of work

I would say its worth keeping an eye on but probably not for implementation right now

Yeah, that reason right there is why I posted this here instead of the Server Mod Discussion area.

Corax downloaded them and showed a few of us on a stream.

Some of it isnt bad at all. The rest of it though......

I just hope that since its an initial release that alot of these are placeholder textures

Edited by Fox D

just a post to see what kind of interest there would be for mission makers to make missions if there were to ever be an event planned for the unsung vietnam mod. if you would be interested to make missions for future/possible events just post in here.. thanks

I've always been interested in making missions in general but never really knew how apart from the fact you use the editor. 

I'm currently making a CO12 mission (That I might expand to about a CO18) based upon a real training exercise I done with my Squadron last year where we conducted a CTR on an

independent enemy force which were occupying structures to assist a fictional conventional enemy which was in conflict with Coalition forces. 

Upon doing a the CTR the Squadron confirmed a HVT target which had been seen on previous CTR's at other locations and so the OC choose to conduct a hasty raid to kill the HVT and establish defenceable positions in said town.

It's only going to be a CO12 if I completely base it upon a mounted troop (Which wee had), but we also had a dismounted section who were over-spill for not having extra vehicles for them, If I choose to add the dismounts I'd push it up to CO18 so you'd had 12 mounted with 4 RWMIKS and a dismounted section. 

I've put it on hold tho due to time restrains at the moment. 

I would definitely make some 'nam missions. The 'nam missions we had back in A2 were some of the best we played, and with firing from vehicles we have some pretty cool opportunities now

The mod is pretty good. As some have said the textures aren't the greatest, but all in all its good enough. The maps need the most work in my opinion.

Unsung in ARMA2 was complete shit, and I hope they've improved since then.  Assuming it's not shit, I could probably vomit forth a mission or two.