DrHonig

avira and acre2arma dll

hello,

my antivirus, avira, reports that acre2arma dll contains a virus, TR/Symmi.428544.2.

anybody has the same issue?

No, not personally (different AV). But, VirusTotal confirms your observations.

I ran the latest ACRE2 DLL through VT and it currently reports that 20 of 55 vendors (including Avira) gave a positive hit for the DLL.

I assume it's a False Positive and everybody that gets this should report it as such to their AV vendor.

Yeah it does that. Just click the cog next to Active Real Time Protection > System Scanner > Scan > Exceptions and add the plugin in the Arma folder and the Teamspeak plugins folder.

It's been a long time now & still there are some 23 of 53 AV's detecting ACRE2ArmA.dll as bad. VT link.

And some of these AV's are big: AVG (Generic14_c.ABWK), BitDefender (Trojan.Generic.15475995), Emsisoft (Trojan.Generic.15475995), McAfee (Artemis!DD89CE3F66A8) & Symantec (Trojan.Gen).

Fixed: With the new ACRE release, VT now reports that only 4 of 54 AV's report a positive result on ACRE2ArmA.dll. Link.