Sign in to follow this  
Geth

Can't get capturezone to work

In updating to the new capturezone for Olsen's most recent framework, I can't get it to work. I assumed that I was to simply place the settings within the settings.sqf, such as:

["capturezone",[resistance,east],[120,15000]] call FNC_setCaptureZone;

and 

["","The SAA controls the factory.","ISIS has captured the factory","","ISIS is infiltrating the factory.","The factory is uncontested."] call FNC_setMessages;

I also set the end condition setting of:

if ("RESISTANCE" == "capturezone" call FNC_isCaptured) exitWith {

"End Message" call FNC_EndMission;

};

But I can't even get the first setting to apply correctly, or get any setting to apply correctly at default. What happens is that when I test it, the messages are always the same and only "The zone is uncontested" appears to work, while for resistance it says some strange "[["GUER",capturezone","TRUE"]]." 

Ill attach the files below. 

settings.sqf

endConditions.sqf

I accidently left in a debug hint in the init.sqf.  The hint is triggered when someone managed to capture the zone. Remove the line.

Line 206             hint str CZMARKERCOLLECTION;

Also the set_messageFNC needs to be called before the actual capturezone.

Edited by Sacher

I accidently left in a debug hint in the init.sqf.  The hint is triggered when someone managed to capture the zone. Remove the line.

Line 206             hint str CZMARKERCOLLECTION;

Also the set_messageFNC needs to be called before the actual capturezone.

I only found a "hint str CZMARKERCOLLECTION;" in line 200 of capturezone.sqf, and there's only 39 lines in init.sqf. Deleted the one in capturezone.sqf didn't seem to do anything. 

And I don't know what you mean by calling the function before the capturezone, sorry, scripting noob. Can you please show me what they would look like?

["","The SAA controls the factory.","ISIS has captured the factory","","ISIS is infiltrating the factory.","The factory is uncontested."] call FNC_setMessages;

use this in settings.

Also yes i have a different version, removing the line in capturezone.sqf is correct and will get rid of [["GUER",capturezone","TRUE"]]."

Edited by Sacher

use this in settings.

Also yes i have a different version, removing the line in capturezone.sqf is correct and will get rid of [["GUER",capturezone","TRUE"]]."

Those settings were my first assumptions, and they didn't work, so that's why I asked to check. With the settings set exactly to that, and with line 200 deleted, and after redoing the entire thing, it still wont work. Deleting line 200 gets rid of the message, but a "The zone is uncontested" persists and refuses to recognize, neither in message or color, that a faction has captured the zone and it refuses to use my message settings. I'll attach the whole mission if you want to check it out. 

Edited by Geth

I figured out why it doesn't work anymore for Resistance. https://www.dropbox.com/s/wesfw0t67wy20vi/capturezone.rar?dl=0 
Replace the init.sqf and capturezone.sqf with the files inside the zip and it should work again.

Also function for messages was misspelled. Also fixed. 

(created a pull request and future version of the framework should have a fixed version.

Edited by Sacher

I figured out why it doesn't work anymore for Resistance. https://www.dropbox.com/s/wesfw0t67wy20vi/capturezone.rar?dl=0 

Replace the init.sqf and capturezone.sqf with the files inside the zip and it should work again.

Awesome, that fixed it, thanks. 

But FYI, although it doesn't matter for me because I figured out I can just set in manually in init.sqf, the FNC_setMessages in settings.sqf still doesn't seem to work.