HeadShot

Star Wars: Edge of The Empire

k4Cyc9u.jpg

original massive sexy image here

Who: Maximum of six players, with room made for a single GMPC (galaxy master player character). Maximum of two GMs. Players and GMs will be selected by Headshot and NoDebate based on character (or campaign) concepts, timezone availability, attendance to the sessions.

What: We will be playing Edge of the Empire, a tabletop RPG developed by Fantasy Flight Games. The intent is to run four to six sessions between November (???) and the New Year, using a combination of official and homebrew content.

Where: Online, meeting on the UO TS prior to the beginning of each play session. After the participating players have convened, we will migrate voice over to Google Hangouts.

When: Times to be decided upon by the roster of players and GM(s). Time slot preference will be given to the DM(s).

Why: Fallout 4 is going to suck and we need something to play in the meantime.

How: We will be playing using Google Hangouts, integrating the Roll20 App into the hangout. It is required you have a Gmail account to use Google Hangouts (free).

If you are interested in joining as a GM, please consult HeadShot or NoDebate (via PM, TS, or outside means).

If you are interested in joining as a PLAYER please complete 1 and 2 before posting, and consult the following guidelines for character applications. Any questions should be directed to HeadShot or NoDebate (via PM, TS, or outside means).

1). Obtain the relevant “reading material.” This includes the Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook and any Edge of the Empire Supplement Books. If you have any questions with acquiring the material contact HeadShot. We will NOT be using any Age of Rebellion or Force and Destiny Material. I recommend this tool (https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/89135-another-character-generator/) for further character creation and management.

2). Determine Concept and Background. This should include a paragraph or three detailing your character’s species, home planet, former career, current career, class standing, and motivations for choosing a life with the party. For ideas, consult the Core Rulebook. NOTE: Your concept and background may exceed one to three paragraphs. Additional backstory will be rewarded with additional experience during character creation. Force Sensitive characters will be selected based on the merits of their concept and backstory. There can only be ONE (lol Highlander) Force Sensitive in the party.

*Upon request, Nodebate or myself can guide players through selecting or understanding the following steps.*

3). Determine Starting Obligation. For ideas, consult the Core Rulebook.

4). Determine Starting Motivations. For ideas, consult the Core Rulebook.

5). Create one (1) positive relationship or link with another Crew Member or one (1) point of tension of conflict with another Crew Member or BOTH. These links need not be overt and the Crew Members may be unaware of them, despite the players’ and audience’s knowledge.

6). Each Crew Member must create one (1) star system that they are intimately familiar with through their backstory, and determine if it is a Core World or located in the Outer Rim.

Bonus material:

Our ship:

Sd6H5Ju.jpg

Edited by HeadShot

2). Determine Concept and Background. This should include a paragraph or three detailing your character’s species, home planet, former career, current career, class standing, and motivations for choosing a life with the party. For ideas, consult the Core Rulebook. NOTE: Your concept and background may exceed one to three paragraphs. Additional backstory will be rewarded with additional experience during character creation. Force Sensitive characters will be selected based on the merits of their concept and backstory. There can only be ONE (lol Highlander) Force Sensitive in the party.

Maximum of one FS. No formally trained Jee-dai.

Greetings,

Roan Quatl, Quarren doctor. Reporting for duty.

Background is almost complete.

Regards,

Whisper.

P.S. Any comparison of my character to Cthulhu will result in surgical alterations...

While browsing the internet I came across a trailer which is oddly similar to what I believe our "journey" might be.

Before I sign up (and I am seriously interested), what's your experience as a GM?

NoDebate will be our GM. He's been playing tabletops, including a couple campaigns of SW EoTE, for a very long time if i'm not mistaken. Trust me when I say he's going to make it fun and interesting af.

We're only looking for character concept/tentative back story at the moment as well. The combat system for EoTE is different to most games, and is much, much, more fun and realistic than the standard D20 system. Personally, it was a little difficult for me to understand at first, so if anyone needs help getting grips with the system, or even character creating, post/poke me.

Edited by HeadShot

Update from my end, I still plan on running the game. However, I am going to have to push the start date back into early December. Continue to update characters as you see fit. I am still awarding bonus XP for well written backstories, up to 100XP per character.

If both Lexi and Vfef commit to playing then I will have to shelf any further requests to play.