Vospo

How did you come across United Operations

We had a ton of new people show up this weekend, I'd really be interested in learning about how they found us.  Could it've been the 250,000 new views to fusions 1000 meter sniper shot video in the last two weeks?

Played on TG a decent amount as a pub.

Went to join one day and the server was nearly empty during a time it should've been at it's peak.

Went out drinking instead of gaming for a few nights.

Came back when drunk and joined a server with the name "Tactical" in the filter.

Saw a bunch of names I remembered.

9/10 , would drink tequila again.

To this day, I have no idea why I changed my name to Reaper Two from my normal handle before leaving TG, but hey it works.

Basically this up to the drinking part. I had been fairly active with TG's arma up to the point of becoming platoon leader for the Irregulars after SOCOM Seal asked me to (I think Fusionpoo was my XO). Joined the T'S and bloody thing was dead. Pm'ed Headshot on steam to ask what was up and he told me about the new place. So I jumped ship and i'm still here as one of UO's least active arma players/ regulars :D (if you joined right after the split you automatically got in as a regular.).

Fun pice of trivia: my avatar was the TG Irrg emblem at the time. RIP thoes crap In House Squads at TG

Started with TG when I was still at uni in 2007 some time so that's what?, three and a bit years with TG and then five with UO... holy shit

Edited by Century

I actually found out about United Operations while playing Takistan Life Revolution. It was me, Yugoslav, and two other randoms on top of a building ambushing any cop or civ that would pass down the MSR from rooftops and he started talking about Guerrilla Tactics and playing on a community called United Operations. 2012

Back when I was trying to join ST 2/3 years ago I read somewhere that Dsl recommended a team. Didn't give it much thought at the time.

Time passed, and I was looking for an international community to play Arma with and remembered that recommandation from 3 years ago. And here I am !

If I remember right it was right after I came out of ze military and I had played arma for some while by then but I was getting bored by the standard content.

So I started to looking for a community i found a video of the 1000 meter sniper shot by Fusionpoo with 2mill viewers.

i then joined UO which he had in the video info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImO4nHKqrOU

Since it was nearly the only community playing tactical all across arma it wasnt too hard to find actually..after playing nights of vanilla were getting boring quick and there are servers you werent able to get in.
That was the point of finding arma mods and whats it about and how to get on those high populated servers which looked in server list allready great.
And after i saw what this was compared to the rest of arma even with some else good communities around it wasnt satisfying anymore to have vanilla running and it mostly does(ace andd acre especially) what i expect from a milsim.

Jeepo.

related:

Operation Panda Bear Reach Around.

Edited by krause

Although I haven't played in ages (will be starting again) it was that guy Toadball who told me about this place years ago. I seem to remember he told me when we were playing airsoft - it was probably to fill the time as he tried to fix his forever broken LMG's :D

youtube video. arma 2 video about 5 years ago. seen it and wanted to get involved and never regretted it. love playing at UO

I used the Bohemia's unit website. arma3.com/unit

Played the March 19th TVT event with you guys, didn't know what was going on but I had fun and was amazed by the player count

I thought I had to wait till the next event to play. Asked Headshot when and why not more frequent. He said every 3 weeks or so and people would turn up less if the events were more often. It made sense

So I took some UOTCs while stalking the calendar for the next event.

I saw the Arma Thursday event on the calendar, turned up and learned that guys actually play every weekend. It made even more sense.

Edited by NovakM

Tried to sign up for ShackTac, when i didnt get any word or email from them i checked the site and saw they had already chosen the lucky few to join, but the suggested joining someplace like United Operations...never looked back

6 years ago for me, was just searching around, first tried shacktac too but no luck, saw this community and never looked back. 

Was playing an insurgency gamemode in arma 2 using ACE when i met a guy there. I talked with him about more serious gameplay and then he told me about UnitedOperations. I think the first mission was on that chernarus mission where opfor had a commander that controlled ai and a sniper team.

Saw a few videos of UO training uploaded by 'Romagnolo' 2 years ago, later followed by "1000 meter sniper shot" uploaded by 'fusionpoo'

Damn, so that's how he got me. I lobbed a few 203s in your guys' way, but couldn't see splashes. Was fun.

Dyslexia recommended UO above any other community as an offshoot, complimenting that it had no pompous ranking hierarchy or overly indulgent roleplay/roles (i.e. no ego antics and a meritocratic system). 

Hear about UO from /r/arma a long while ago. Planned but I sticked around in more serious milsims. Then I saw the trench warfare video on Reddit again and finally joined for few missions because variation and one life only is fun in this community.