Vospo

How did you come across United Operations

Played arma 2 since launch at TG. When OA came out I wasnt as active for a few months but I was still the leader of the arma Irregulars at TG. One day on the teamspeak their were a whole bunch of TG admins on who never play and an odd feeling on the game server. A few hours later I get poked by "REDACTED" and find all the old dudes chilling in teamspeak writing out laws of the community and such. Messaged the Irregulars and joined in the GREATEST GAMING COMMUNITY IN WESTERN HISTORY.

During ARMA 2 days, a good friend of mine was in Shacktac. I told him that was awesome, but it seems impossible to get involved with those guys. So, my friend told me about a server called UO. Me and my English friend joined, were truck drivers, drove into occupied city on Pandora I think, tires blew up from land mine, got out of truck, and then were both gunned down in the street like dogs. 

10/10 would come back again

Stopped playing games seriously for 10+ years after got my first job out of uni. Got bored one day and googled for the most popular game, DayZ came up. "What an ugly game, what year is this?!? But looks like fun!"

Searched through the net for land navigation tips and came across UOTC on Youtube. Watched bunch of UOTC videos and this one:

"Awesome!!! This is how Arma supposed to be played!" Signed up and have been having fun since then.

TG days with MilesTeg leading the way. Chernarus Airport Assaults!

I was away on holiday during the great sundering. Got back and no-one was on TS at the other place, and then "Redacted" poked me to tell me where everyone was (before he was struck down by the capricious overlords).

Was at TG for a short time before the creation of UO. Joined UO shortly after it was made. I'm an occasional presence nowadays.

I came here because a guy at Hardcore said that ArmA 2 was awesome and he was playing at this community. I bought the game and joined TS. My first mission in was TvT whatever FOB Debate. Good times. I blew myself up with a grenade.

Looking for a comprehensive BMS guide through Google searches I found the answers to my X52 Pro button mapping problems in a thread by Neyu. Needing some help, I eventually signed up to the forums to send him some messages... which lead to me coming onto the TS and eventually flying regularly with the UOAF. After seeing some of Fluffer's livestreams I eventually caved; bought ARMA and gave it a go (and apparently I enjoyed it a whole lot considering I'm still here!). 

Saw this video, was interested, rest is history:

Woah, I saw this video before I joined UO and I had never connected the two before in my head. That's trippy bro, especially now that I recognize voices.

Much like furniture in the dark: Somebody told me about it, and while wandering around in the dark I banged my shin on it and have been uttering obscenities since.

Back in 2011/12 I joined Cheese for a couple of games with some other folk from a community we frequented at the time, dropped by on and off for a while, attended one of the TVT events back then and have been around since.

My first night on the server was when i saw the familiarity course run by zedic (think they were romagnolo's videos from his youtube). I immediately went out and bought arma 2. Was immediately dropped into my first mission - operation gothic serpent. lasted all of 20 minutes, and throughly enjoyed the whole thing. although RL has happened over the last 6 months, i still pop on every now and then, especially UOAF (for when arma just isn't complicated enough for you)

Played on TG a decent amount as a pub.

Went to join one day and the server was nearly empty during a time it should've been at it's peak.

Went out drinking instead of gaming for a few nights.

Came back when drunk and joined a server with the name "Tactical" in the filter.

Saw a bunch of names I remembered.

9/10 , would drink tequila again.

To this day, I have no idea why I changed my name to Reaper Two from my normal handle before leaving TG, but hey it works.

Edited by Reaper Two

THawk told me about a cool tactical (tacticool??) community he played with

I had recently bought a gaming PC and had always liked the look of Arma so here I am...

The rest is, as they say, history

I actually found the "When keeping it real goes wrong" bms videos a while back. Mentioned them to a buddy I play a little DCS with, and he told me to check out UO. Not serious enough or skilled enough to BMS yet, but you guys play Arma....works for me!

Figured I'll man up and do BMS/DCS stuff once I replace my x52 pro and pick up track ir.

A youtuber by the name of gRaider2001.

I am glad you watched some of my videos:-)  I just fixed my gaming rig and finally will be able to play Arma again!  I hope to be able to play with you sometime on the server.