Sign in to follow this  
Rye

Close Quarter Battle Articles

You seemed to have missed windows. They are important. :smile:

You mention them in passing, but skip over it because it is too advanced or whatever. Windows are a key component of a room and cannot be avoided simply because they bring up a lot of complex problems. They are far too important to ignore.

Edited by beta

Hey guys.

I made this ages ago:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hJ3wntjnOnIZAO1QS_zhpFVa2SEAnvH1NSDkHoKfPF0/edit

Unfinished.

If anyone wants to use it to do a course, go ahead. It's piss easy to teach. All the concepts are there that are useful. You can include or exclude them at will.

If you get stuck on need help, PM me. Just fill in the blanks, it's not hard to get your head around.

Posted (edited)

If anyone is still interested, I'm still writing about CQB.

Methodologies and concepts we often talked about five-plus years ago have either been adopted or shelved across the world. This includes less over-reliance on stacking (i.e. stackless entries), threshold clearing (e.g. limited penetration techniques), shield deployment, centre-stepping instead of blind entries, et cetera. Funnily enough, some of the methods mentioned in guides and at UOTC have been sidelined or changed due to lessons learnt by some units. Some things we used to argue over half a decade or more ago are now commonplace in certain units.

Here's an example with Force-on-Force man-marking rounds (sim-munitions):

Here's a read to stay informed:

I run a forum here if anyone wants to join and chat.
Enjoy.
Edited by Rye
Formatting.