Bodei

A-10 in Arma 3

Hey what's the deal with the A-10 in the current modpack? No CCIP reticle. Kinda sucks to fly for sure. There are a few good looking A-10C mods out there. Would like to see more CAS roles in missions with FACs and JTACs.

The deal is it's RHS, known community wide for their exhaustive work making quality configs for their ported Arma 2 aircraft.

The vanilla "A-10" is close enough that you ought to be able to use that with only a few people complaining loudly about it.

Edited by VKing

Until we get an A-10C (or even A-10A) mod I suggest that we all use the ArmA 3 A-164 as it's HUD is relatively accurate compared to the ArmA 2 port, plus it's exactly like the A-10C when it comes to the cockpit. The only drawback is the futuristic design which lets be honest isn't that bad.

No other aircraft mod at current features a working CCIP/CCRP system. (Even those that claim they do, do not actually do CCIP/CCRP.) That system will only hit later through ACE.

Hey what's the deal with the A-10 in the current modpack? No CCIP reticle. Kinda sucks to fly for sure. There are a few good looking A-10C mods out there. Would like to see more CAS roles in missions with FACs and JTACs.

Arma, in my opinion, just can't anything fixed wing well. I may just be spoiled because of DCS/BMS, but I have never enjoyed anything fix winged in Arma.

On a side note, I would LOVE to see more CAS roles in our missions! 

From a mission makers point of view CAS is hard to balance

Because it relies so heavily on the skill of the pilot it tends to be an all or nothing deal. Either you get a really good pilot and he annihilates everything or you get a shit pilot that gets shot down/crashes and leaves the infantry up shit creek without their air support

The Arma 2 A-10 that we were using was at least tolerable...really, in RHS what are you using to aim the GAU-8 or know where your bombs are going to land? Can't someone just re-skin the "A-164"?

You guys act like the look is so important when its +3000 meters from you, its a plane..it flies up in the sky and if you are lucky you might get to see a small bit of the ankle

The A-10 isn't the be-all and end-all of CAS aircraft. Just pretend it's something else and be thankful for magic explosions from the sky.

Use your imagination.  Gees kids these days.  :tongue:

I'm probably older than your dad! :ph34r:

I'm probably older than your dad! :ph34r:

Actually I am older than you by a month. :cool:

But what I am getting at is using a little imagination like we did when we were kids is lacking nowadays.  Growning up a stick was a rifle or a sword but notice with my kids and their friends this does not happen anymore.  And I see it here too.  What wrong with using the vanilla version, so it looks a little different.

The A-10 isn't the be-all and end-all of CAS aircraft. Just pretend it's something else and be thankful for magic explosions from the sky.

These are blasphemous words, I'll pray for you.

1 Like= 1 Prayer for VKing.  

My favorite toy as a kid was a plastic M-16 I got for Christmas (yes, we called it Christmas back then, not "winter break"). It didn't have any flourescent orange tip neither! Before that, my dad made me a gun from a jig-saw and piece of wood. Good times.

I flew the Arma 3 A-10 last night in editor, it's not so bad, I just like the arma 2 HUD better thats all.