J.B.

Front page or straight to the forums?

20 members have voted

1. 1. How do you view the site?

• Front page
    • Forums

This is a question that has been asked a couple of times, but I have never found an answer. In short, do you come onto UO by the front page and then to the forums or straight to the forums?
For example I myself have my UO tab set to the forums and not the front page. This question is in relation to PR and how many frequent the front page.

Front page posts generate topics in the news category where appropriate.

There is really no reason not to have them, other than a slight delay for getting either Azzwort or myself to generate the post/image content if required.

Does Azzwort generate content? (I joke, I know he does :P)  
I usually just go straight to forums from frontpage. 

I pretty much use the "View New Content" page as primary means to read the forum.

"View New Content" is pretty much how i use the UO site. If it is not on the first page, i most likely won't see it.

(also, this is a req only vote, if this is for PR, you might wanna open it up for everyone, as to get a better perspective from all sources.)

Unfortunately that's not possible as it would create more of a headache than the poll is worth.  Its easier to just post your opinion so J.B, could include it.

Frontpage (just in case of a event announcement, plus im to lazy to change the link) - then instantly going to the forums page.

Well I am unable to vote on this.

Again. Its too much of a hassle to change the permission for this single vote.  Please post your opinion if you are not a Regular and wish to be counted.

I go through the front page, even though the only interesting thing there for me are the upcoming events, as I don't play Steel Beasts or fly with UOAF.

I liked the times when upcoming training was posted there though, maybe a schedule of courses (instead of a post for each course) for the upcoming week or two weeks could be posted there regularly and updated as more information and precise dates are known. That would especially help if there are many courses going on (which I hope will be the case!).

I go directly to the forums and then look through the recent post to see if I missed anything worth checking out.