Sign in to follow this  
Rambo2

Ultra settings, whats your FPS on server?

As stated in title, if you running game on Ultra, what FPS you getting on the server.

What GPU/CPU you running?

Depends on the situation as we're talking about the arma engine,

50 - 90 FPS, GTX 980 i7-4790K @ 4.6 Ghz

Edited by kazu

I checked the difference between Low-Med-High-Ultra once and the FPS difference was about 5FPS. View distance is the real killer, depending on the mission I can get from 70-30, it rarely goes below that. VR with no units it can get to 150+.

You should look at closed-loop watercoolers, they're not much more expensive than that air cooler, they're better and you can fit them to fan slots so they take up less space in the case.

Since you have a G-Sync capable GPU I'd personally go for a G-Sync monitor. I have the AOC G2460PG and it is a noticeable difference when I switch between this and my old monitor for comparison.
But sweet rig none the less.

Edited by J.B.

yea might be something I do later on the road but for now im gonna stick the the air cooler. not gonna do any major overclocking as of right now ( maybe a little bit here and there) but watercooling is definitely something ill look into later on.

Edited by Vospo

I'm using same cooler with i5 4670K at 4.4 without any issues whatsoever. Nice and cool.

I'd advise doing some reading on G-Sync before deciding to buy a dedicated monitor. I wasn't aware of the technology myself and decided to read up on it after seeing JB's post, finding an article suggesting that all the extra Nvidia monitor module does is tell the driver to use adaptive vsync (funny enough the gamenab article which, as per sources, seems to be the first one to mention this, seems to be made private). So basically it's possible to use G-Sync with a 6xx and up series cards and a DisplayPort 1.2 connection with a modified driver. I'll check that out when able with my 760 and let you know if it works for me.

As to the original question I can basically echo what Verox said - view distance is a huge factor. On average I can get something near the 40-50 range on a GTX760 (overclocked version) and an i5 3570K @ 3.8GHz.

I have yet to hear or see anyone who has been able to use G-Sync on a desktop without a module. G-Sync for laptops is a thing Nvidia recently introduced and doesn't require a G-Sync module. From what I've quickly picked up it seems to be this the guy has picked up on and nothing more. No foul play.

EDIT: http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Mobile-G-Sync-Confirmed-and-Tested-Leaked-Alpha-Driver
It was a leaked alpha driver that he used.

Edited by J.B.