Sign in to follow this  
Deathstrike

Steam Summer Sale Imminent

Flight simulator ?!?! Did you mean Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition? Looks kinda good. Is it any good?

https://youtu.be/BPFG9ir5Umw

Go Xplane 10. I'm still using FSX but I'm too lazy to switch. I have to admit it's the more updated platform that has more freeware products.

I'd just remind you guys that Steam refund is available as an option if the game turns out to be shit, no point getting stuck with it.

Flight simulator ?!?! Did you mean Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition? Looks kinda good. Is it any good?

https://youtu.be/BPFG9ir5Umw

Yes FSX:SE. It released earlier this year after Microsoft stopped development. Multiplayer is fully functional via Steam again and the whole 'Acceleration' DLC is already included. It's currently getting 'maintained' by DovetailGames who done Train Simulator. I don't think FSX:SE is getting developed much anymore, but they are still pushing fixed and new DLCs etc.

FSX and X-Plane are on the same level pretty much, even though X-Plane is still in development it toally lacks any detailed scenery. While in FSX all the airports and cities are rather detailed you have to install tons of addons to X-Plane to even get buildings at airports.

Personally I'd stick with FSX for now as it is more user-friendly and has a lot of great addons! I am planning on using it for my Homecockpit-project too instead of X-Plane.

Also as far as I know X-Plane has crappy AI and ATC, but I believe this whole X-Plane vs FSX thing is mostly personal preference. Generally I am looking for a buddy to do some realistic 737NGX flights as this is the type of aircraft my Homecockpit will be built around.

Edit: Yes, FSX is any good! It's fun for beginners who just want to go for a short flight aswell as hardcore-simmers going for full airline-flights with 'every-button-works' cockpit and ACRE-like ATC and traffic.

Edited by AndyKrause

GTA5's sale appears to be a scam.

Rockstar is selling a bundle with GTA5 and a GTA online cash bonus card for ~87 USD and pricing it down 25% to ~60 USD.

GTA5 alone is not on sale.

Edited by VKing

Yeah it's pretty scammy, especially considering the entirely removed the base GTA 5 game from steam for a few hours at the start of the sale, so people couldn't see they were being duped.

Picked up Battlefield Bad Company 2, probably still the best Battlefield around!!

If anyone else gets it let me know :)

Yes FSX:SE. It released earlier this year after Microsoft stopped development. Multiplayer is fully functional via Steam again and the whole 'Acceleration' DLC is already included. It's currently getting 'maintained' by DovetailGames who done Train Simulator. I don't think FSX:SE is getting developed much anymore, but they are still pushing fixed and new DLCs etc.

FSX and X-Plane are on the same level pretty much, even though X-Plane is still in development it toally lacks any detailed scenery. While in FSX all the airports and cities are rather detailed you have to install tons of addons to X-Plane to even get buildings at airports.

Personally I'd stick with FSX for now as it is more user-friendly and has a lot of great addons! I am planning on using it for my Homecockpit-project too instead of X-Plane.

Also as far as I know X-Plane has crappy AI and ATC, but I believe this whole X-Plane vs FSX thing is mostly personal preference. Generally I am looking for a buddy to do some realistic 737NGX flights as this is the type of aircraft my Homecockpit will be built around.

Edit: Yes, FSX is any good! It's fun for beginners who just want to go for a short flight aswell as hardcore-simmers going for full airline-flights with 'every-button-works' cockpit and ACRE-like ATC and traffic.

If you want realistic ATC you fly on IVAO/VATSIM/Pilotedge so that's really not a factor.

Xplane 10 is a 64bit application allowing for higher resolution textures. There is also a shit load of freeware scenery for it, as well as extremly detailed payware scenery. The only department Xplane is lacking in compared to FSX is airliners and weather effects. Xplane is a newer sim so it will take time for further addons to develop but there is plenty there already.

Don't get me wrong, I love FSX and have both retail and FSX:SE, BUT, for a rookie it might not appear appealing to but a minimum of 200 euros of addons in order to get a decent experience.

Amongst the deals from the Steam minigame, two games stand out.

First off there's Outcast 1.1, a recompiled version of the original so that it runs on modern machines: it's one of the best third-person action adventure games of all time, and one of my favourite games ever. And a 3 and a half bucks it would be a crime to not get it.

The other offer is Fractured Space, which is currently an Early Alpha, but it is already pretty polished and a lot of fun: the game is a team-oriented 5v5 game with a few elements that remind me of War Thunder and a MOBA games.

The idea of the game is that the two teams face off trying to capture the enemy base, and each player controls a single ship in third person.

The MOBA elements are in that there are resource outposts to be captured that help generate upgrades for your team (increasing maximum hit-points, damage and capture rate at the cost of increased respawn timer), but also that the map is divded into 5 sectors and the ships have to jump through each one to get to the destination, creating the "lanes" in other similar games.

This game requires good coordination and teamwork to win, the ships "feel" good, with the larger ships being very ponderous in their maneuvering, and the smaller ships being pretty agile but still having a fair amount of mass behind them; the graphics also look really good, with a good aesthetic direction allowing someone to ID an enemy ship from pretty far away just by their profile.

Additionally each ship has its own role, and there's a good mix of needing individual skills at flying and shooting with team composition and ship synergies (Corvette+Flagship is this game version of TF2's Heavy+Medic combo).

Finally, aside for a couple of exception, the "upgrade system" for the various ships feel like a real side-grade instead of upgrades further down the research path being flat-out better than the starting equipment like in World of Tanks: a good example is the Flagship, that starts with a series of missile launchers that fires a salvo from the sides that can be upgrade to... fire a salvo from launchers set in a circular pattern or fire a salvo from dorsal launchers. They fire the same number of indentical missiles, but the different patterns allow for some flexibility since dorsal and side launchers allow a player to fire missiles from behind cover, while the circular pattern makes for a tighter spread and timing on the missile arrival making it more likely for some to punch through active Point Defense systems.

It's only 5$ for the basic edition and it's a really, really good early access title with the devs often playing actively with the community.

Just got my Fallouts for $15. Going to play the shit out of them in anticipation for 4.

Look up Tales of Two Wastelands

It tricks New Vegas into thinking FO3 is an expansion. Lets you play both games as a oner

Its fucking epic

Picked up Battlefield Bad Company 2, probably still the best Battlefield around!!

If anyone else gets it let me know :smile:

Are the servers still good? I'd actually love to get that. I've got BF2 still, but it's hard to find a full server sometimes.

Are the servers still good? I'd actually love to get that. I've got BF2 still, but it's hard to find a full server sometimes.

Always a bunch of servers up. HC and regular

I just bought it..... epic is a mild word. 

I bought it, turned it on and decided I needed to save it for when I had a few hours to figure out how to play it!!

Looks good though

Always a bunch of servers up. HC and regular

Interesting. That was always my favorite BF. May have to pick it up