FoxxyFrost

Not The Afghanistan I Expected *RANT*

Whats up people. Foxxy here! If your new and don't know me, I'm just some douchebag filipino kid that decided to be an Infantryman 2 years ago. For all the old members here I send hugs and kisses, except for Lancer, he can go fuck himself <3

Anyways this is mostly for my fellow combat veterans, people who have deployed, people in the military, and anyone thats interested.

This deployment quite frankly has been a joke. Combat operations have ceased and have changed into a more "advise and assist role". What does that mean? No more going out and finding Terry, no more chasing Terry up the mountain, no more blowing up bridges, and dropping bombs on Ackman and his friends. Instead it has changed from Operation Enduring Freedom To Operation Train, Advise, And Assist. 

We've been training alright, not ourselves but the most dicked up fighing force in the world. The Afghan Commandos. No not the ANA, but the "supposedly" more elite version of it. So far I've witnessed 3 negligent discharges, 2 of them resulting in personal injury, I've been threatened by a fellow commando calling me an "infidel" and saying he "wasn't afraid to die". I've been spun up on QRF multiple times because they get the shit kicked out of them in every firefight. . I've witnessed the atrocity of ANA air support resulting in friendly fire(green not blue). I've witnessed the failure of small unit leadership, I knew nco commandos that didn't know that they could issue orders. 

If NATO ever leaves Afghanistan it will end up like Iraq, every piece of ground we took will be lost in a matter of months. This is a joke of a fightning force where most of the people only care about the money, the second a bullet flys by they turn tail and run. 

To top it all off, I haven't even got a CIB yet. 

Edited by FoxxyFrost

Thats pretty shitty man. So what, base defense the extended musical?

Edited by WA Lancer

Hype train:

hqdefault.jpg 

Welcome back, Foxxy.

Edited by Gabe

Did you tell them to do push ups? Than helped when I was being insubordinate to you.

I've been threatened by a fellow commando calling me an "infidel" and saying he "wasn't afraid to die".

You should fuck his shut up.

Edited by Kevin31

You actually expected something more than that? Hasn't it been like this for years now?

Yes it will end up just like Iraq.

I can't really say with certainty, but this problem is cultural. Where is the sense of honor and bravery of these people? When you don't have any kind of Chivalry Romance tales that mothers(maybe they are not even allowed) can tell to their children and not even sub-products of this tradition as western movies and cartoons and no substitute, it is no wonder why they turn their tails and run.

Edited by W-Cephei

Yeah... Foxxy stay safe out there.  My short time out there showed me there are some really crazy people out there and they are the one's we trust with guns.  Just get your job done and come home safe dude.

I was rather happy that my work with the ANA was limited during my tour. But in spite of my limited exposure i have witnessed a member of the ANA trying to kill a British soldier for not not handing over his wristwatch. And i have had to walk around FOB Sandford with my rifle loaded since the ANA threatened to kill our linguistics officer for calling them Idiots (they had decided to shoot into the neighboring town at night to see if the Taliban would fire back).

Furthermore the problem in FOB Sandford was that there was supposed to be an ANA company there under advisement from a British OMLT, but they all deserted so instead there was a platoon of Highway police pressed into the ANA and the OMLT.
After my battalion rotated out of the country the next battalion ran into the problem of the ANP deciding to abandon 3 Patrol bases on account of their pay being delayed, the Danes rushed to get into the PB's before Taliban, but alas the Taliban had managed to secure all the weapons and ammo left behind by the ANP.

The thing is that in afghanistan there is no National identity, Afghans do not refer to themselves as Afghans, but rather Pashtu, Hasrat, or Beluchi, etc. Since there is no national identity, the Afghans (or at least the Pashtus) do not consider serving the government to have any purpose, they consider supporting your family, or your village to be helpfull. But if you are a generally useless person you can at least join the army to earn some money you can send back to your family.
The choice is then weather to join the ANA or Taliban. ANA gives a very handsome monthly pay, for afghanistan, but it is hard work, and dangerous. Where Taliban is also a dangerous option, but they also have a very generous life insurance policy, so on top of gaining your family some honor by dying a martyrs death, the Taliban will pay your family handsomely as well.

So the point is that unlike Western countries where there is a certain prestige to being in the military the ANA is mostly made up of people who in most afghan societies are losers. And it obviously shows in Foxxy's examples.

I mean this in the nicest way possible man, but what the fuck did you think you were getting yourself into?

Good to see you foxxy. Dont let those chucklefucks with their shitty country get you down. Ill amazon prime you a beer when you get back in the states.

I mean this in the nicest way possible man, but what the fuck did you think you were getting yourself into?

Also in the nicest way possible and no offense to foxxy, but: same as every other f****** grunt that went there with dreams of going "bang-bang-boom" at everything that moves.

Also in the nicest way possible and no offense to foxxy, but: same as every other f****** grunt that went there with dreams of going "bang-bang-boom" at everything that moves.

You kinda told him to go fuck him self. He joined the infantry where it is expected to be shot at and return fire and then close and destroy that contact. There is an entire culture in the infantry based around that simple idea. To even work your way up the ranks you need deployments with a CIB, otherwise you are looked down upon over someone else who has their CIB.

Lancer, I might get the warning point for this because reasons beyond me, but this shows my reaction to your post the best:

Implied_facepalm.jpg

User received a warning point for this post.

Edited by j0zh94
3.5, meme's quality so low, can barely read the bottom section

Since I forgot to say it in my last post, good luck and stay safe Foxxy. Like I told you already, my HBO GO account is waiting for you. 

Lancer, I might get the warning point for this because reasons beyond me, but this shows my reaction to your post the best:

Implied_facepalm.jpg

Please show respect to your fellow regulars and to servicemen. 

Edited by Kevin31

Well that is my job and I would like to get to do it sometime. 

Since I forgot to say it in my last post, good luck and stay safe Foxxy. Like I told you already, my HBO GO account is waiting for you. 

Please show respect to your fellow regulars and to servicemen. 

I appreciate it Kevin but please dont say that, it makes me cringe.

The only reason you're still in Afghanistan at all is for cheap Opium.

Just be glad you're not dying for it too.

*grabs popcorn and waits for responses saying how Afghanistan's is about fighting the "muthafuggin terrorists" and protecting freedumb*

Edited by kalohepirate
3.3 - Disruptive Posting & 3.5 - Catchphrases

The only reason you're still in Afghanistan at all is for cheap Opium.

Just be glad you're not dying for it too.

*grabs popcorn and waits for responses saying how Afghanistan's is about fighting the "muthafuggin terrorists" and protecting freedumb*

Can't decide if I should laugh that you actually posted that or that you actually believe this.

Can't decide if I should laugh that you actually posted that or that you actually believe this.

No offense to you, but I find it quite believable that a country which bombs civilians would invade a country for Opium.

You kinda told him to go fuck him self. He joined the infantry where it is expected to be shot at and return fire and then close and destroy that contact. There is an entire culture in the infantry based around that simple idea. To even work your way up the ranks you need deployments with a CIB, otherwise you are looked down upon over someone else who has their CIB.

So how do units who are not in a combat theatre or in peacetime handle the ranks? Is it expected that a infantry private will be in a firefight within 36 months of joining? Why would you look down on someone who was not in the right place at the right time? While combat experience is valued i don't think its the sole criteria for advancing in your career path as an infanteer.

It matters when you are trying to get your E6 and E7 in career progression. E5 it doesnt really matter but you should have a deployment under your belt otherwise it makes you look like a shitbag who dodged deployments. With less deployments coming up it may become different.

how has the conflict changed from the past, is it almost impossible to be attacked by people? Seems like the conflict is now just IEDs and PR.