Sickly

New ArmA 3 terrain to be announced at E3.

South East Asia, well that's the rumour at least and what I really want. 

I need an excuse for Chinese PLA 

Edited by j0zh94

Nice, I'm hoping for something vastly different from Altis and Stratis for diversity sake.

I'm also hoping for a large urban area but I doubt that will happen with Bohemia's new dedication to "nearly every building must be enter-able."

It will probably end up being another island in the Mediterranean though.

I would give my firstborn child if it was set in Germany during the cold war "gone hot". It would mean a wealth of new equipment, vehicles and a lovely terrain perfect for our type of gameplay.

Please no more of this futuristic stuff Bohemia!

Personally I would like to see some major cities done.  IE New York, San Fransico, etc... doesn't need to be exact model.  Just some urban type environment where you have to watch your corners a ton more and maybe skyscrappers, or buildings with 6+ floors you have to clear.  But that is just me :)

I hope its gonna be somewhere in south east asia. 

@Soviet you must pay for it - it will be part of the expansion and everyone will have to pay for it.

"Starting the countdown[arma3.com] today, one of the things people can look forward to is the much-anticipated exclusive world premiere of Arma 3’s new terrain, which will debut as part of a major expansion coming in 2016. "

Edited by znoop

Personally I would like to see some major cities done.  IE New York, San Fransico, etc... doesn't need to be exact model.  Just some urban type environment where you have to watch your corners a ton more and maybe skyscrappers, or buildings with 6+ floors you have to clear.  But that is just me :smile:

That would be a cool map to play on but I think it would probably melt my computer. 

South East Asia themed map would be nice with some rainforests but that would primarily be Indonesia and Thailand areas.  If we are wanting a biome closer to what we would expect in China or Korea we should be expecting to see Deciduous or Coniferous forests.  I personally think that is what we are more like to get than a true rainforest as rainforests are extremely complex and dense. 

If it is over there I would prefer to see it being set along the coast of Vietnam. A mix of islands, jungle, dense urban environments and rural villages and maybe even the odd tunnel network or two!

We need a proper jungle to knock down trees to make LZs. And taller buildings.

If it is over there I would prefer to see it being set along the coast of Vietnam. A mix of islands, jungle, dense urban environments and rural villages and maybe even the odd tunnel network or two!

Rather, that they stick to one terrain type, than multiple. Otherwise you end up with something like Panthera

We are not going to get this island. Not until we manage to get more free space on the server.

We do not have a size restriction anymore, just a performance one. Plus, this will more than likely be an addon similar to Operation arrowhead. 

We do not have a size restriction anymore, just a performance one. Plus, this will more than likely be an addon similar to Operation arrowhead. 

Let's hope it's better quality than ACR was. Not that it would be hard to exceed that, but still.

People over on Le Redditchan are saying south of the equator based on the stars in the background. So maybe Anzac is joining the fight or Bohemia has decided that the Western Hemisphere needs some love.

Or tensions have spilled over and China and NATO are now fighting a ground war in Africa?

Its 6/16/15. The developers have gathered onto the stage, with all the tactical ArmA fans waiting in the stands. They are waiting for a new glorious map. A map worth the wait. A map, that people will enjoy and cherish for all the moons to pass. A young girl asks her father

"Daddy, will I get to do jungle patrols on the new map?" 

The father looked down with pride and a big smile, and said "Yes my sweet, you can set up all the patrol bases and do all the patrols you wish, for your are the Platoon Commander, and what you say goes."

The daughter gave a loving smile and hugged her father.

The room darkens and Marek Spanel walks onto the stage. Applause deafens the room.

He greets his loving minions, and goes on about how Bohemia looked forward to this day for a long time. He goes on about his rise to power. And then, he gets to the new map.

He announces that Bohemia has teamed up with Ice Breaker to officially release Lingor as an official ArmA map. Part of the contract was that they could not edit the release, therefore it will be as it was in ArmA 2.

Silence.

And then, a loan wail. The little girl is crying. And then another little girl. And then another. Soon enough every little platoon commander in the room is crying. And then the once proud fathers join in. Every single commanding officer in the room is crying.

Marek reveals that he is secertly part of the ArmA kabal, and that Ice Breaker is the overlord of all things related to tactical gaming communities. 

The Kabal has won.

On topic so I dont get a warning point - I am really looking forward to a new map. The ones we have now are starting to feel dull and a high quality one made by BI would be welcome.

Edited by Kevin31

Well, if you pay attention to the ambient dialog in "The East Wind" campaign you can hear soldiers talking about being redeployed to the pacific to "play with the big boys (CSAT)". So I'm guessing the new map will be somewhere in the pacific and the new campaign will be about Miller's second attempt to capture the terminator device with vengeful Kerry on his back and a escalating conflict between NATO and CSAT.

I hope the expansion is gonna be like OP Arrowhead - new factions, new vehicles, weapons and maybe some little feature additions. 

And like Best2nd said, many ingame information hint us with the main theatre of the conflict, the pacific, so maybe we will se BI future PLA?

I read some rumors about french polynesia could be a part of the terrain.

The email they just sent out said it will be a part of a "Major expansion" to ArmA 3 so you're probably right.

Its 6/16/15. The developers have gathered onto the stage, with all the tactical ArmA fans waiting in the stands. They are waiting for a new glorious map. A map worth the wait. A map, that people will enjoy and cherish for all the moons to pass. A young girl asks her father

"Daddy, will I get to do jungle patrols on the new map?" 

The father looked down with pride and a big smile, and said "Yes my sweet, you can set up all the patrol bases and do all the patrols you wish, for your are the Platoon Commander, and what you say goes."

The daughter gave a loving smile and hugged her father.

The room darkens and Marek Spanel walks onto the stage. Applause deafens the room.

He greets his loving minions, and goes on about how Bohemia looked forward to this day for a long time. He goes on about his rise to power. And then, he gets to the new map.

He announces that Bohemia has teamed up with Ice Breaker to officially release Lingor as an official ArmA map. Part of the contract was that they could not edit the release, therefore it will be as it was in ArmA 2.

Silence.

And then, a loan wail. The little girl is crying. And then another little girl. And then another. Soon enough every little platoon commander in the room is crying. And then the once proud fathers join in. Every single commanding officer in the room is crying.

Marek reveals that he is secertly part of the ArmA kabal, and that Ice Breaker is the overlord of all things related to tactical gaming communities. 

The Kabal has won.

On topic so I dont get a warning point - I am really looking forward to a new map. The ones we have now are starting to feel dull and a high quality one made by BI would be welcome.

I would like to see this happen, simply to observe the raging from Impulse.

Ice Breaker carparks and 90 degree hills are the future of mapmaking!