Sign in to follow this  
Nebojsa

Fallout 4

I'm going to wait with Pre-ordering. I want to see if they're going to offer some sort of Collectors Edition.

Ohh I will get a collector's edition as soon as it is announced... I will admit I have FO3, and FO:NV for PS3, XBox 360, and PC.  So yeah I am ok with getting multiple copies of the game :-)

Im not hyped enough to pre order this, but i hope they give us a good new fallout.

Edit: ^ lol @ BrentPs Pic

Edited by znoop

...Am I the only one who thought playing through Bethesda's previous games felt like just a chore? I can't feel the hype at all :/

...Am I the only one who thought playing through Bethesda's previous games felt like just a chore? I can't feel the hype at all :/

Some, but Fallout always had a good vibe, especially the no vehicles thing. Love exploring around in Fallout games. 

I got bored of skyrim after a while, despite the huge amount of quests and things to do in that game. 

and:

Some, but Fallout always had a good vibe, especially the no vehicles thing. Love exploring around in Fallout games. 

This ^

The dog looks like shit, its 2015 they should add hair/fur like other games.

Certainly after playing games like the Witcher 3, it does not make me that eager for Bethesda's offering. Other games have better combat systems, better writing, better animations and graphics, larger, more immersive and atmospheric worlds, better and more varied quests and missions.

They throw a lot of content into their games, but most of it is mediocre, and a lot of it falls flat on it's face. Case in point, the “epic” civil war in Skyrim, with battles where 20 men turned up.

Certainly after playing games like the Witcher 3

Let's not forget that CDPROJEKT actually downgraded the graphics on Witcher 3 and despite that it still looks sick.

As for Fallout 4, I'll probably play it and then sob profusely at shitty similarities to Skyrim, all that while my brother keeps yelling "Witcher 3 is better" non-stop (he does that whenever I play a game he doesn't like... Arma 3 included).

I just would like to remember that Witcher 3 has many faults.

Here are some:

Clunky movement. Can't out the times I got stuck between two trees and stepped over small fires.

One key to interact with them all... Can't count the number of times that I put out a candle instead of looting a chest.

Dumb humanoid AI. You can just stand there and use your crossbow against the AI all day and they will not attack you.

Overly delayed interactions with shops. You need to wait for animations, fade ins, fade outs, casual chatting in order to sell your stuff.

Horse combat is not intuitive. Unlike Mount and Blade, you need to release your sword swing when the target is right beside you, and Geralt sometimes will switch the attack side when you don't really want to.

You are the warrior with the biggest and shiniest balls of fucking alternate medieval Poland. But all your enemies are stronger and hit harder than you. You are just better at tumbling around.

Geralt is so handsome that the devs wants Geralt to take up to 65% of your screen when walking around.

The map is not really that big. It is just very nicely hand-made with a small view distance and the mini-map only shows like 10m around you.

But, it is a good game and I am enjoying it.

Edited by W-Cephei

Well, at least it looks colorful without the ugly green filter Fallout 3 or the desaturation Skyrim had.

I wonder if the combat is till going to be lackluster like all their previous titles.

On the note of graphics, compared to previous games, it seems to have improved a lot. Not current gen standard, but I hope they make up for it with an enormous world.

Well, at least it looks colorful without the ugly green filter Fallout 3 or the desaturation Skyrim had.

I wonder if the combat is till going to be lackluster like all their previous titles.

Combat that with K-Putt's SweetFX presets.

I just hope the weapons and gun mechanics are actually decent. Fallout 3 vanilla's was horrible. New Vegas was much improved with iron sights and such but still missed some things that mods eventually, more or less, fixed. I hope Fallout 4 will be good out of the box, but I anticipate mods will probably have to "fix" what is broken at release again.

I just hope the weapons and gun mechanics are actually decent. Fallout 3 vanilla's was horrible. New Vegas was much improved with iron sights and such but still missed some things that mods eventually, more or less, fixed. I hope Fallout 4 will be good out of the box, but I anticipate mods will probably have to "fix" what is broken at release again.

The problem is with the engine that handles mouse from software thus making the mouse speed vary with the FPS.

All the Fallouts are on sale atm

I recommend getting FO3 GOTY and FNV Complete

Then get the Tales of Two Wastelands mod (It lets you play both as a oner)

Its awesome!

+1 Cephei.

With this much content in the base game already, anything that is missing can be patched up by mods.

In case you guys want to watch the whole Fallout 4 presentation go here:

starts at about 1:00:00