The website is under maintenance - To keep up to date of the current status, please read more here. Normal forum functions should resume over the next few weeks.

Impulse 9

ArmA 3 - ModPack Updates & Changelog

With the adoption of ACE3 an additional Modpack update has been pushed.

With the adoption of ACE3 we are moving towards a standardized updating cycle to match ACE's

Modpack upates will be processed on Tuesdays following ACE updates. Hotfixes will be processed between Tuesday and up until Thursday.

Critical Hotfixes may be pushed on Fridays should the need require it. We will continue to run feature locked versions of ACE and host this content ourselves.

ACE Server settings have yet to be determined and decided upon. Expect all features to be enabled by default unless notified in the Mission Making channels.

Feel free to report ACE errors with duplication steps to the proper channel.

http://ace3mod.com/wiki/user/how-to-report-an-issue.html

ACRE2 testing will continue, we have updated to the current release candidate at this time.

http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public

Feel free to remove and or delete CSE as we will not be reverting back to it at this time.

Many missions will need to be updated to be compatible and or functional with ACE.

Please continue to be patient with these updates as they will take time from the volunteers that maintain and create our missions.

Additional Notes to follow as needed.

New Mod Updating system is being tested at this time.

Preparations to migrate or adopt A3Sync as an alternative to PWS has been taken. This update will include some small files that will ease in the adoption of this change.

Big thumbs up for trying to support A3Sync. It may prove to be way more stable, although I haven't tried setting up a repository and using it myself yet.

Additional Notes to follow as needed.

New Mod Updating system is being tested at this time.

Preparations to migrate or adopt A3Sync as an alternative to PWS has been taken. This update will include some small files that will ease in the adoption of this change.

My body is ready.

Hotfix rebuild to address some internal mod compatibility with features that are now part of ace that we had been testing prior to ACE's release.

New Modpack pushed this morning.

Windows Update decided to run mid build last night and broke the update distribution last night. --- Corrected Now/Rebuilt

Hotfix rebuild to address some internal mod compatibility with features that are now part of ace that we had been testing prior to ACE's release.

New Modpack pushed this morning.

Windows Update decided to run mid build last night and broke the update distribution last night. --- Corrected Now/Rebuilt

Can you get rid of the thing that completely mutes the radio protocol.

ACE already does this so it's kinda redundant and it only mutes the players so you can actually hear the AI.

no matter how buggy and annoying PWS can be sometimes, i would still choose it any time any day over a3sync.

pws is amazing tool, i can forgive it being crazy from time to time. sorry a3sync, you just don't cut it.

Edited by n2-

no matter how buggy and annoying PWS can be sometimes, i would still choose it any time any day over a3sync.

pws is amazing tool, i can forgive it being crazy from time to time. sorry a3sync, you just don't cut it.

Facts, source? I could literally say the exact same thing for a3sync.

Facts, source? I could literally say the exact same thing for a3sync.

I personally prefer PlayWithSix too. It's super easy to use, especially for new people. It has a lot of nice functions and it's very simple to use, additionally I do not really experience that much trouble with it to be honest.

You could say the same about ACRE and TFAR, it's basically just personal preference and 'fan-boying'.

I remember the way six updater never crashed when it was used (but if memory doesn't serve me right, It haven't crashed as often as pws)

I'm looking forward in near future on arma3 lanuncher.Can't wait to get to a point when we will able to download mods in game.

Focusing on present, I wouldn't mind learning arma3sync if that means no more nuisances with random start crashes.

Any particular reason you say that?

i can download, use and switch between mods from pws repository instead of downloading it from armaholic

+ it allow me to auto join servers

overall it's no brainer option due to pws repository and ease of use. i can play anywhere and anyhow using it and it's great.

I am not sure what version your using but it currently crashes every 20 minutes for me while updating. Maybe once it updated everything it will be OK but until then it's a POS.

I think sickboy is paying n2 to say this stuff because I don't think anyone else here has had anywhere near the same experience. Either that or its a fluke special version that doesn't crash?

It's super easy to use, especially for new people.

Yeah it's very easy to press "Don't Send" when it crashes, that's all you have to do nowadays anyway.

Yeah it's very easy to press "Don't Send" when it crashes, that's all you have to do nowadays anyway.

Remember to tick that "Attempt to continue" box!

overall it's no brainer option due to pws repository and ease of use. i can play anywhere and anyhow using it and it's great.

Doesn't a3sync also have a repository and download system? Can someone fill me in?

Plus being unable to update is really bad. It just keeps crashing whenever I try to update.

Modpack Updated for Internal Updates + ACE Hotfixs

ACE 3.0.1.0

UOMods - Map Zoom Fix/Josh Weapons/Misc Fixes

Preemptive work for A3Sync (TESTING)

Instructions to follow - For those that wish to try this w/o support read the short instructions below

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22199

Short Instructions

1 - Locate your ArmA3 Install Directory if not auto discovered.

2 - Click on the Repositories (Add/BluePlusIcon)

3 - Paste Sync URL http://sync.unitedoperations.net/.a3s/autoconfig (Click Import, then OK)

4 - Select the Addon Repository (UnitedOperations.net - Primary Modset) and Open the Repository (White Paper Icon with Blue Arrow)

5 - Click the Green Arrow - Check for Addons

6 - Select All and Click the Play Button (On Errors, repeat hitting the play button until errors go away and all files are downloaded)

The current A3Sync repository is a work in progress mainly as a proof before full adoption.

This update if ran properly should only be 130mb and once the repository is setup, will take less than 10 minutes to process. (in my case 2 minutes with full setup on a slow internet connection)

I have not setup any builtin support connecting to the server in full

The folders in the repository include mod folders that we do not actively use. (@UOTEST_A3, @UOCBA_A3 Feel free to ignore these files at this time)

This Repository will not launch with @CBA_A3 by default. You will have to include that yourself.

You will only need to run A3Sync to update when modpack changes have been pushed. (When KeySignatures Change)

ArmA3battleye.exe

Due to the recent changes with ArmA3 1.44, the following steps can be taken to launch the game w/o PlayWithSix, or A3Sync.

Locate the ArmA3Battleye.exe - Rightclick and Send to desktop *(Create Shortcut)

Once on your desktop, rightclick on the new shortcut file and select properties.

Change the target line to include the following line behind the arma3battleye.exe in the target field.

C:\PathToArmA3\ArmA3\arma3battleye.exe 0 1 -mod=@CBA_A3;@UOMods_A3;@UOMaps_A3;@ACRE2;@ACE
Click Okay - This desktop shortcut will now launch the game and allow you to connect to the server w/o restarting for battleye.

If/ When A3Sync gets fully adapted, will PWS still be 'unofficially' supported or will the PWS repository no longer work then?

If I remember correctly, when UO switched from SU to PWS, SU still worked and updated the mods. Though, maybe since SU and PWS had the same roots it was a different situation back then.

Off topic: As stated above, although PWS is not as stable as one would wish, I personally witnessed only a few crashes on my system and only one while downloading mods (usually it crashes right when I launch it and I need to re-launch it 1-2 times). Since I start the game without PWS I only need it once in a while to update the mods and usually I can get that done within a few minutes. For me, personally, switching would be a little annoyance as I have to once again get another program and get accustomed with it. Of course, as I have read multiple times now, user experiences seem to differ.

There is no difference between SU and PWS for repo building and file structure. I will continue to maintain the PWS repo for an undefined amount of time if we do choose to switch (ex 3 to 6 months).

The primary drive is to present a stable application for our players that have just quit playing simply due to their issues with PWS. In my case, these crashes happen upwards of 10 times per update which becomes extremely tedious to even check the modpack before pushing it publicly for others to use. User experience varies greatly but I would rather have users not frustrated to the point of choosing to no longer play with us, because of one program that has never addressed it's core stability issues and instead continued to add on more features of varying use.

Updated Toadball's units

Updated UO- Canadian Units - Backpacks

Updated Internal addons - Minor Updates

Test Builds with Swifty and with A3Sync

Continued support for PWS

Hi Impulse,

Earlier today, ArmA3Sync didn't pick up new updates from modset. It's having connection issue now, tried to remove and add repository but failed as it can't read the downloaded autoconfig file.

CNWk4s5.png?1