zumorc

[COMPLETED] UOTC: Forward Observer Course [2015-04-16] 1800z

800px-Fo_header.jpg

[table]

Course: Forward Observer Course Date: Thursday, 2015-04-16 Time: 1800Z Prerequisites: Properly installed & Synchronized addons via PlayWithSix. UOTC Navigation Course - NO WAIVERS! Maximum Participants: 5 [/table]
[table] What: The Forward Observer Course is designed to introduce participants to the role of the Forward Observer, capabilities and limitations of fire support systems, target acquisition, the Call For Fire Process and Adjustment of Fire. Why: To equip participants to slot as Forward Observer/Battery Commander and effectively

locate targets, call for and adjust indirect fire support. 

Where: Testing Server 1 (SRV3), Teamspeak. Remarks: Course Duration: min. 2 hrs Sign-Up: Nickname (ingame/ts) [/table]
Attendees (5/5):
  • Wingless
  • Gibfender
  • Draey
  • flyingsphagettimonster
  • Fonzie

Reserves:

• Death
Edited by zumorc

One thing I forgot to mention, I did not list the RTO Course as prerequisite because it has only been ran limited times under A3/ACRE2.
However participants are required to know and be able to apply basic Radio Procedures and use basic ACRE functionality and radios.

Additionally, if your Land Nav is a while back, make sure you review the Map & Grid System (Reading the Map) and basic land navigation techniques (Resection, Polar Plot).

Tentatively in depending on work....again.

IGN/TS: Death

Course is full. 

Further sign-ups will flow into the Reserve list, which will fill No-Shows in order. 

So please show up at the beginning of the course. Tentatively I will take in one or two additional participants.

@Death: Have you taken a Land Navigation Course yet, if so what was your nickname at the time?

If I'm there, which most definitely I will, I will 100% record...

Are training events always at 1800Z or does it change up?

I'm at work but if someone would fraps this I'd definitely watch it.

Could we get this recorded? Would be interesting to watch

I third that. I would be interested in any course material that you could publicize as well.

Edited by Mixtrate

Could we get this recorded? Would be interesting to watch

If I'm there, which most definitely I will, I will 100% record...

I third that. I would be interested in any course material that you could publicize as well.

Always a great idea to video the lecture demonstration & AAR portions of training courses.

Thanks for assistance (Pie & Dark) and for attending:

• Wingless
  • Gibfender
  • flyingsphagettimonster

For Review:

For further self-training:

http://tboc.army.mil/callForFire/Assets/WebBuild/WebPlayer/WebPlayer.html

Edited by zumorc