Edwards

Act of Agression

Eugen Systems (Wargame) is currently developing a "new" game. From what I've seen so far in Trailers and read on their Website, it is an updated, expanded and improved Version of Act of War.

Basically, it's a RTS game with Base Building, Resource harvesting and so on.

http://actofaggression-game.com/

Looks interesting, according to a Games Retailer, release Date is May 29th. Price will be around 45€.

should've stuck to realistic wargames rather than this starcraft derivative crap. they had a good niche with a loyal fanbase...and then they do this?

Edited by naizarak

I would love a new RTS, but I can't say i'm looking forward to this one either. I could jump onto gamejolt right now and play at least 3 half decent RTS's boasting "Rock paper scissors" gameplay. From that trailer, I really don't see anything new added to the genre. Whats worse is that Eugen is notorious for failing miserably at unit balance, and while that was fine in wargame where it was more about realism, I really don't see how they could expect to make a serious RTS.

should've stuck to realistic wargames rather than this starcraft derivative crap. they had a good niche with a loyal fanbase...and then they do this?

Starcraft?

This is clearly Generals 2.

I actually think it looks pretty good, a lot more tactical and strategy involved than wargame. I just hope it's not as sluggish and units move more fluidly than what it feels like in wargame.

Also SNIPER GIRL.

Edited by Lunchyyy

It looks really dumb.

Eugen should have stuck to Wargame, making expansions and making the game less shit in general. 

Edited by Kevin31

There previus Old school RTS Act of War were very fun

They really were, especially the High Treason expansion and the way they managed to implement ships to scale.

And speaking of Act of War, it's avaiable here and unlike the Steam version it actually runs without having to sacrifice your firstborn to the elder gods, High Treason in particular.

Unless you hate fun, I do recommend trying it out to see what this new game is probably going to play like.

Edited by Merlo

Cheers Merlo! Didn't know gog had it, I really miss that game.

They added it about a week or so ago. I only found out by dumb luck myself.

Note of warning: while High Treason works, the Cuba mission with the ships still has a some issue with the sounds, but otherwise it no longer crashes every 30 seconds like the Steam version. You just have to be careful panning the camera around when a lot of Harpoon missiles fly around. The other big naval mission later on did not have any issues that I could see, and the ground-based missions work fine. Standard Act of War also works without a hitch.

Edited by Merlo

I have been a huge fan of the Wargame series and whilst RD hasn't exactly been perfect I have sunk enough hours in to that game to get my moneys worth. 
Act of Aggression I have no interest in. It's a shame they didn't opt to continue the Wargame theme, as they are most definitely riding on it's success in the Act of Aggression trailers, but that is Eugen for you. 

I find the whole resource collecting thing to be way too gamey, and it just looks like they are trying to go more toward starcraft. Doubt i'll be picking it up. The thing I liked about wargame was the lean toward realism.

There previus Old school RTS Act of War were very fun

I loved the Act of War games, the PoW aspect was unique and still is to this day.

The Act of War games were fantastic. Those who only know them from Wargame shouldn't be dismayed.

For real, especially when you consider Wargame is the fully incubated concept brought about in R.U.S.E...Eugen's one time under the major publisher Sun (thanks Ubisoft).

R.U.S.E was a horrible experience

I only ever played it on console but unless it was drasticly different on PC then it was a waste of 15m of my life....

I'm going to necro this thread because this game was just released for beta today if you preordered. Everything is looking good so far, feels very much like the old C&C, and I could really see this game going somewhere if they can manage to balance the game properly.