Sign in to follow this  
Death

New Guy - Death

Hello everyone, I'm not new to the military but am sort of new to mil-sim.  I'm already downloading all the play six stuff.  Anyways, I go by Death online and play anything from fast paced FPS to grand strategy games.  I also fiddle with DCS but don't have a hotas right now and that sucks.  I am prior service military, airborne infantry.  Served with the 2/325 AIR (82nd ABN DIV).  Had a couple Iraq deployments.  My dad was also in the army and was killed by an IED back in 2007 and the Army let me out early.  I miss the Army life dearly (who'da thunk?!?!)  I've never heard of mil-sim until recently, having only played Arma for wasteland.  I am very excited to get to know all of you and look forward to the experience!  I am an open book if you have any questions.

Welcome to United Operations Bananas.

We have a Training Center, look into its courses!

Do not get yourself banned.

Hace a nice Stay!

- Pax

Welcome to United Operations Bananas.

We have a Training Center, look into its courses!

Do not get yourself banned.

Hace a nice Stay!

- Pax

I looked up the UOTC, are there any courses coming up soon?  I noticed the last one was in August 2014.  Also, what is the significance of bananas here?

I looked up the UOTC, are there any courses coming up soon?  I noticed the last one was in August 2014.  Also, what is the significance of bananas here?

There are none that are scheduled now (United Operations training courses).  Bananas is a joke referencing the announcement of ACE 3.

Also, what is the significance of bananas here?

Bananas are good for you. Full of potassium and other goodness.

Why don't you like bananas?

Welcome. There's a lot of ex-military and active that play here, I'm thinking like 20 or so.... from all around the world so your in good company. A lot of us has been around too, so we can do some story swapping in game while the Arm-Chair Generals make the wrong call; then, politely un-fuc....... "correct' them.

To anyone else reading this, get a job. 

Welcome to UO. And yes there are many currently serving and ex military from around the world. And fuck you zedic I have a job, well I did until the transmission burnt out of the stryker in the middle of Poland, but that's a story for another day.

Rebind your grenade key, we 24 hour ban literally anyone who NDs a grenade.

Bananas are good for you. Full of potassium and other goodness.

Why don't you like bananas?

Oh on the contrary, I fucking love bananas...was just noticing bananas everywhere IE ts3, forums  :happy:

Welcome to UO. And yes there are many currently serving and ex military from around the world. And fuck you zedic I have a job, well I did until the transmission burnt out of the stryker in the middle of Poland, but that's a story for another day.

Rebind your grenade key, we 24 hour ban literally anyone who NDs a grenade.

Lol "ND" a grenade, don't think I've ever heard that one.  No worries though, I am very familiar with how fucking unfriendly those things are.  Thanks for the welcome guys.  :biggrin: