Impulse 9

Creation of 3.8.1 On Requests

Creation of 3.8.1 - On Requests   

39 members have voted

1. 1. Add 3.8.1 to the Charter.

• Yes
    • No

In order to stem "he said-she said" style arguments and to increase clarity and records keeping, I propose the following addition to the charter:

Old:
  3.8 - All operations of government must be publicly displayed. Any Regular may request and shall be entitled to any and all information regarding administrative operations.

New:
  3.8 - All operations of government must be publicly displayed. Any Regular may request and shall be entitled to any and all information regarding administrative operations.
      3.8.1 - All requests for said information, as well as responses to said requests, must be submitted in a logged manner by text or recorded audio.

I can remember at least one other UO Drama session caused by he said, she said arguments like  the ongoing one.  This will attempt to correct all Future* requests, and increase clarity in the exact request being made.

*This means that any ongoing debates will not be subject to this addition, if it passes.

This Poll requires a 3/4 vote and 2 weeks.

This poll is put up at Regular Request.

Seems unnecessary - All official requests and documentation should be processed on the forums to begin with.  I have yet to have a single request that I have ignored to date.
If you want to make an official request, it is pointless if you do not put it in writing in a unchanging medium such as the forums to begin with.

Tracking random audio files seems excessive.  Just write the request down on the forums.

Outside of a public request on the forums there is no way to prove that any request was made.

While I welcome the notion I am voting no. The audio part is unsustainable for record keeping unless we have to host the recording ourselves.
Were it a simple "Requests for information can only be made in the General Request forum" I'd be in favour. 
Let the poll run and then resubmit and I am certain it will pass to avoid stupid shit like Overlord's ongoing removal poll.

Perhaps this should have been a Policy Discussion thread first? To allow for amendments to be suggested and agreed upon. 

That would have been nice, but this is the typical kneejerk reaction to things, and people rush to process polls as opposed to having a reasonable discussion about topics to explore what is needed, or if anything is needed.  Much less if there is already a process and system for such actions which already does exist.

Voting no, recorded audio used in the barracks channels has always been shady in my opinion and this change may entitle some to record there for admin purposes. Text in the form of Forums, Skype, TS3 all seem ok for me.  

There are already rules against recorded audio from Barracks...  non ironically for the same reason as the current topics (bait/entrapment in a private channel).

No. It would be nice if we had a policy discussion before poll such as this are put up.  There is still room for abuse with this proposal.

Even if you agree with the intent, all it needs it "in writing" or "on the forums" after "request".

True, but that is not what the vote is for.  The vote is for what is written, which should have been fixed before polling.

Requests should be made on the forums, not through some audio file or Skype chat.

Official stuff on forums.

No.