Sign in to follow this  
Verox

Changes to Auth requirements - Auth v3

As of 21/02/2015 the new Auth v3 system is online for all users. This will replace the current Auth v2 system. The new Auth is built from the ground-up to be cleaner, simpler to operate and more secure as well as integrating more advanced features, including Steam sign in.

As a result of the switch all users will be required to re-auth their Teamspeak. We will be operating a grace period of one week in order to allow everyone to switch to the new Auth system, after this grace period users who have not yet switched will be de-authed and will not be able to access restricted channels.
We will also be requiring Steam sign-ins for all players of ArmA3, this is a secure sign-in system provided by Steam to identify your account, we do not gain access to your account and do not receive usernames or passwords. If you have any issues with this then please contact either myself or Impulse.

BEC admin listings will be available for all eligible members through the new Auth system automatically at some point in the near future.
Official Squad XMLs will be available at some point in the future.

tl;dr
If you do not re-auth by the 26th of February you will not be able to access the game-server channels and other restricted channels.
If you do not sign in with Steam by the 26th of February you will not be able to access the game-server channels.

As always, if you find any bugs or have any suggestions then feel free to post them here on the forums or PM Verox.

You can find  Auth through the link in the navbar in the header of the forum, same place it has always been.
d7hj18E.png

IE is not specifically supported, but may work. You should probably get a better browser, though.

If you do not sign in with Steam by the 26th of February you will not be able to access the game-server channels.

Does anyone have any clear easy to understand links to a procedure to do this? Preferably with pictures or videos or a reasonable written description.

P.S. Telling me to "click on the button" doesn't help.

XUoME4A.png

Well it is as simple as clicking that button.  The rest is explained as you go.

Edited by kalohepirate
added link

Stuck on "waiting for response from steam" for over 5 mins.

EDIT: Restarting it worked.

Edited by Kantus

NSID is the old Auth group, you'll be removed from it and it will be deleted on the 26th. 

"...ensuring your Teamspeak nickname is identical to your forum username (displayed above) then click the button below"

What if my forum username (Vladimir) doesn't match Teamspeak nickname (lester)? Does it possible to associate them?

Auth SHOULD now work with special characters and be compatible with paid name changes. Sorry for the problems this has caused people with non-ascii characters in their name.

does my steamname need to be the same as my UO forum/TS name?

it isn't and i'm stuck at

"Waiting for response from steam"

No it doesn't, I'm not entirely sure what is causing this for some people and it's proving to be extremely difficult to fix. Right now the workaround is to click cancel and then sign in again.

I'm also stuck there. Clicking on cancel does nothing.

Can it be a browser-specific problem? Or do people with different browsers have this?

I'm using IE here ... yes, I know... but I have reasons for this :dry:

I'm using IE here ... yes, I know... but I have reasons for this :dry:

I forgot to mention, IE is specifically not supported. IE does not conform to browser standards and, as a result, I would have to spend hours debugging IE specific issues ( which I really just don't have the time to do :

If you can just download Chrome or Firefox, I have 2 browsers installed. If you have MEGA issues with this contact me via PM.

I forgot to mention, IE is specifically not supported. IE does not conform to browser standards and, as a result, I would have to spend hours debugging IE specific issues and the problem gets worse the older versions of IE you use.

If you can just download Chrome or Firefox, I have 2 browsers installed. If you have MEGA issues with this contact me via PM.

Please add this in big red letters to the page.

it worked with firefox.

please add the IE problem to first post, since i´m sure i wasn´t the only one trying to auth with IE.

Alright if that's the problem then I will have to find a way around this. I'll probably just use a different PC for the authing. But it would really be nice if there would be some kind of warning.

And yeah, I know about IE and internet standards, so it's totally understandable if you don't want to do extra work for a poorly made browser.

Edit: ... Warning is there now, alright :smile:

Edited by QuiGon

Code that is specific to a given web browser is incredibly bad, I can't see any GOOD reason why this simple page needed features that exclude IE.

The "click the green button" bit still took fenagling to locate even after using Chrome. 

So I have to log on to the forums first to use, ok......  fine....

Then it says I have to log onto steam to bind my steam login to this web site?!!!

Wait, no f*ng way I'm doing that.  First off, your page parroted the warning about binding steam logins to third-party sites. And this is a third party site!!
I'm not about to bind my steam account to some place that morphs constantly and has such poor quality control this "auth change" and risk a back-hack into my pay account.

If you folks are going to insist on such nonsense then color me "Gone,"