Max (Hammer 5)

[TRIAL] UOTC: Squad Leader’s Course - Squad Assault [2015-02-28] 2000Z

[This is an Unofficial Course]

Course: Squad Leader’s Course - Squad Assault

Date: 2015-02-28

Time: 2000Z

Prerequisites: 

Properly installed & Synchronized addons via Play withSIX.

Having read and understood the posted slides (see below).

Maximum Participants: 9

What: The Squad Leader’s Course - Squad Assault will build a basic understanding of (1) the principles of patrolling, (2) mission planning considerations, (3) squad delegation requirements, and (4) the order issuing process. These basic principles will be reinforced through the controlled rehearsal of battle drill 1A along with a  systematic AAR process.

Why: To build the basic principles of effective squad leading through fire and maneuver training.

Where: Training Server 5, Teamspeak.

Remarks: None

Sign-Up:

Nickname (ingame/ts)

Are you interested in being a fire team or squad leader? If so, have you completed the fire team leaders course?

Attendees (0/9):

Reserves:

Notes:

1.) The lesson plan calls for a 15 minutes review of the material presented in the slides (see below). This will be followed by three movement to contact lanes that are expected to last 30 minutes each (20 minutes exercise, 10 minutes AAR). Please plan accordingly.

2.) Please review slides prior to class to maximize training time.

3.) Lesson Plan, Graphics, & Platoon OPORD:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8IiCjBLwwJaczhRU21XbmdfekU/view?usp=sharing

* The react to indirect fire is an optional drill that may be incorporated based upon time and performance.

4.) The Observer/Controller (O/C) Checklist: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8IiCjBLwwJaSW02cXg0YjhlRUU/view?usp=sharing

5.) If you are interested in supporting the training event as an O/C or Tiger Team please PM for consideration.

6.) Current Roster, Timeline, Sequence of events for STX lanes

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18dG2eQMQ_ud84wHwbjiqIAgbSi5Fa9OOZwU4Ox1FFGA/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Max (Hammer 5)
Updated Course Status, Updated O/C Checklist, Roster Added

Nickname (ingame/ts): lester

Are you interested in being a fire team or squad leader? No

Have read and understood the posted slides.

Edited by Vladimir

FINALLY, been waiting for for some time now...

Nickname (ingame/ts) : Draey

Are you interested in being a fire team or squad leader? If so, have you completed the fire team leaders course?

Yes.

Madplan/Madplan

Haven't attend either fireteams or squad leaders course, but I would be interested in this one if it's ok for me to join without those.

Also if I can attend without any leader course, put me on reserves as I'm still not sure if I'm available that day.

Prior courses aren't necessary for players. However, if someone completed the fire team leader's course and wants to take up a leadership role, that player will get priority.

TS flying spaghetti monster / IGN flyinspaghettimonstr

Date: 2015-02-28
Time: 2000Z

Are you interested in being a fire team or squad leader? Yes, I am interested in leading a fire team however, I have not taken a Squad leading course nor have I taken a fire team leading course.

I have read and understood the prerequisite slides.

Edited by flying spaghetti monster

TS Pax'Jarome / IGN Pax'Jarome

Date: 2015-02-28
Time: 2000Z

Are you interested in being a fire team or squad leader? FTL Yes, though I did not take the required course

Nickname (ingame/ts) : Artificialblood

Are you interested in being a fire team or squad leader?

Yes. Prefer fireteam leader. 

If so, have you completed the fire team leaders course? 

No

Edited by ArtificialBlood

=]H[= Apollo|Hawks / Apollo|Hawks

Yes but have not completed SL course.

Zero_sum

I would be interested in FTL or SL roles as I have basically not played those, baring catastrophic casualties in leadership.

I have not taken a FTL course.

Slider, why are you recording the the classes as of late?

I recorded a fire team operations and a land Nav recently that you were at. If you need additional angles, or whatever, I have the two files still.

Just recording for my own record and later reference. Keep those 2 copies as I'm currently not recording these on my HDD (space, etc), but at some point I'll edit something up.

Max, do you mind if I record the class?

Nickname (ingame/ts): Wingless

Are you interested in being a fire team or squad leader? If so, have you completed the fire team leaders course?: Might have taken an unofficial FTL course or two in the past, can't remember. Would be interested.

TuffShitSki / TuffShitSki

Are you interested in being a fire team or squad leader?: Yes,  interested in leading a fire team.

If so, have you completed the fire team leaders course?: No.

I can stay for 2 - 2.5 hours.

Slider no problems with recording.

The course is currently full with one individual on the reserves list. I highly encourage a few more people at add their names to the reserve list as there is always a probability of no-shows, PWS crashes, & connection issues.

Everyone who signs up will receive two forum messages from me. The first message will be 2 days before the event start time with a completed roster. The second email will be the morning of, reminding all participants about the class. Please be on the look-out for those messages as they may contain important administrative notes as well.

Gibfender/Gibfender

Are you interested in being a fire team or squad leader?: Yes (FTL)

If so, have you completed the fire team leaders course?: No.

S4dGuyInSn0

Yes

If so, have you completed the fire team leaders course?

No, I have not.

Nickname (ingame/ts): Mixtrate

Are you interested in being a fire team or squad leader? Yes

If so, have you completed the fire team leaders course? Yes

Edited by Mixtrate

Sign-Up:

IGN/TS Nanme: fREAk, fREAk I hari

A:) Yes, i am interested in beiing FTL/SQL.
B:) Didn't take any UOTC SQL/FTL Course so far (... ok, a view FTP1/2 Sessions at least).

So does the course being change to, or clarified as, a trial course now change anything at all that we need to consider?

I am looking for the knowledge so I don't care as long as I learn something that will let me step up more.

Nickname (ingame/ts) Rich

Are you interested in being a fire team or squad leader? No

Nickname (ingame/ts): Riley

Yes. I have not participated in any fire team lead courses.

Nickname (ingame/ts): DrPastah

Yes to both. I have done the FTL course numerous times.