Sign in to follow this  
Rich

Using UPSMON?

Is the use of UPSMON in missions practical and/or even possible with the AI mod on the server?

Is the use of UPSMON in missions practical and/or even possible with the AI mod on the server?

the AI mod on the server kind of negates the use of UPSMon - all UPMon adds that we do not have on the server is dynamic spawning, patrolling and areas of operation, really. 

I'd say if interested, give it a whirl with lots of testing.

I would be interested to see how UPSMon and DAC perform at present, but testing will be required.

Whats the concern?Green Island Raid is using UPSMon and I tested it on the test server, it seemed to function fine.

Whats the concern?Green Island Raid is using UPSMon and I tested it on the test server, it seemed to function fine.

"I Tested it on a dedicated server by myself with no real test parameters and it worked fine"

Does not equate to

"yah it totally doesnt desync with 80 players and JIP syncing"

"I Tested it on a dedicated server by myself with no real test parameters and it worked fine"

Does not equate to

"yah it totally doesnt desync with 80 players and JIP syncing"

That mission is capped at 31 players with a relatively low amount of AI so high player count performance doesn't concern it.

I know, just expanding on what Impulse needs testing on it still.

That, combined with the fact we havn't tested how UPS and ASR conflict. THey are both giving hte AI commands at the same time, some wonky stuff is bound to happen.