Sign in to follow this  
Fred_the_Destroyer

What missions should we, as mission makers, prioritize?

The problem with Convoys in A2 was that unless you were the driver or gunner of a vehicle then you just had to sit there, meaning for most people on the server they werent alot of fun.

With the addition of shooting from vehicles I foresee a big increase in vehicle based missions

While tank missions might seem like a good idea, I've seen way too many times how players tend to get killed through thick forests. Might be a map issue, but to be honest this game isn't really a good tank simulator (not when compared to Steel Beasts anyway).

What I thought could be an interesting mission concept for low-count missions is an SF team with air and arty support. With enemy locations placed randomly, the team would act as recon, possibly taking out AA emplacements through direct attacks.

How do you think the "general skill of the playerbase" will improve in those areas without practice?

UOTC and missions that aren't entirely comprised of special assets as Darkside suggests.

I think, with my limited experience, that smaller co-op missions or smaller TvTs could be useful on the server during weekdays, when you have to lure in more players. Thus you wouldn't have to derp around in Zeus that much. TvTs could be from 10-20 players and co-ops even smaller. 

I would love some missions with a civilian element. I remember in ARMA 2 there were missions where insurgents were mixed in with the civilians so you couldn't just shoot at every contact you saw in town, provided an interesting dynamic. Hearts and Minds missions like that always interested my the most. It might be hard on the server though wtih all that AI but that's what I missed the most from ARMA 2.

I have been working on a Arma 3 meshuns for a past month, and will release it, once I am done with it. I definitely enjoy Arma 3 engine, regarding mission making, as opposed to Arma 2.

I am practically finished with large Air Assult COOP meshun, that I have been polishing since beginning of January. There is also very special Air Assault TvT, that I am almost done with. It uses concept, previously unheard of in UO. (We had a mission like this in TG, about 5 years ago, but it was a COOP).

Edited by Mikee

Don't listen to the community and make what you think is interesting, listening to what "the community" wants is a bad idea, as the people you are listening to are perhaps 5% of the overall population. Make missions that you want to make. If you have a good idea, make the mission. Do not make missions for the sake of missions.

Fox - there aren't that many vehicles you can fire from :(

Edited by Herbiie

Fox - there aren't that many vehicles you can fire from :sad:

Pretty much every open-top you can fire from, this includes all the Humvees, UAZs, trucks, helicopters and offroads.

Most RHS assets have FFV where it makes sense now Herbiie. Only the enclosed Humvee's and Tigr don't have it. Though the recent dev branch change for FFV in a "turned out" position may change that.

Honestly, we could use some more sub-20 or even sub-10 count missions on the server. On the weekdays it's pretty difficult to help breathe life into the server without missions that support those kinds of numbers when there's no willing (and/or capable) Zeus around -- and even then a lot of people don't seem to be that willing to play Zeus missions anyway.

- Read non of the previous posts -

Currently we gain some playerbase workdays.

Some mission Co4 to Co16 would be nice as Taki Raid and Raid Villa are highly overplayed.

Something that features fireteam & individual infantry skills.

Personally, I would like to see more missions around the 20 or less player mark. And maybe a few seeder missions.

I would also like to see some missions involving the NATO, AAF, CSAT and guerillas.

Please more variety in low-playercount missions 2+ (maybe some SpecOPS or even two man sniper missions).

Simple Squad-sized patrol missions in Afghanistan, defending a small FOB, support-convoys. Anything that's made for less than 10 players. It'a a pain in the ass to play on the server with 10 people cause there are no missions that can be filled out completely and there is no variety. It's always the same mission(s) been played.

Jub once I have my framework I'll give it to you, im shit at scripting so its as fool proof as possible :D

As for making small player missions there are several small player count Zeus missions on the server, and with that you can create any mission you like.

IMO a much better solution than seeder