The website is under maintenance - To keep up to date of the current status, please read more here. Normal forum functions should resume over the next few weeks.

AdamH

Play with six a problem has occured

hey so every time i try to download the arma 3 primary server mods using play with six i get this error,

im running as admin as well

post-4576-0-92722100-1420001272_thumb.jpg

Well somethings preventing it - otherwise id say delete them or reset the permissions on those folders. 

fixed the problem it was a problem with permisions for the folder

I apologize for the possible gravedig, but Adam could you explain how exactly you fixed this issue? I am having the same one. After the error the updater status says ready but nothing changes and it sometimes ends up crashes.

edit: actually it's slightly different. My error is as follows:

Error occured during download

problem:

notsupportedexception, format not supported: verifying download..

then the code below:

Type: System.NotSupportedException
    format not supported: verifying download...
Source: withSIX-Play
TargetSite: Void (Six.Core.Domain.Sync.Transfer.ConsoleWriter, System.String)
Data:     [smartStackFrames=System.Collections.Generic.LinkedList`1[system.Object]]
StackTrace:
       at ..(ConsoleWriter , String )
       at Six.Core.Domain.Sync.Transfer.TransferStatus.UpdateOutput(String data)
       at ..(Process , String , ITransferProgress )
       at ..(ITransferProgress , Process , String , )
       at ...(Process , String )
       at Six.Infrastructure.Core.Services.ProcessManager..(String )
       at System.Reactive.AnonymousSafeObserver`1.OnNext(T value)
       at System.Reactive.Linq.ObservableImpl.AsObservable`1._.OnNext(TSource value)
       at System.Reactive.Observer`1.OnNext(T value)
       at System.Reactive.Subjects.Subject`1.OnNext(T value)
       at ...()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at Six.Infrastructure.Core.Services.ProcessManager..()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at ...()
       at Six.Core.Domain.Sync.Transfer.Protocols.ZsyncDownloadProtocol..()
       at ...()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
       at ...()
Edited by West rags

I also am facing problems with PWS, although slightly different as well it presents basically the same error message. It's weird because I am actually following the installation guide step by step and when it comes to download the modset from SRV1 it gives me the following error message

Data:     [smartStackFrames=System.Collections.Generic.LinkedList`1[system.Object]]
StackTrace:
       at ...()
       at ...()
       at ...()
       at ...()
       at ...()
       at ...()
       at ....()
       at ...()
       at ...()
       at ...()
       at ...()
       at ...()
       at ...()
       at Six.Core.Domain.Games.Legacy.UpdateManager..()
       at Six.Core.Domain.Games.Legacy.RepoActionHandler..()

Hi  West rags and Halge,

The errors you are getting looks like the same i was getting.

When it throws the first error. is it trying to update or veritfy ACRE?

If yes, what i did was delete @ACRE2 from my modfolder, and remove the plugin from my teamspeak folder. I'm not sure if this next step is needed, but i also right clicked the plugins folder in my teamspeak folder. pressed properties, and removed the Checkmark/dot in Read-only. and pressed apply.

THen i closed down PlayWithSix, opened it up. and pressed update. everything worked now.

(if your acre does not work after this, make sure that the acre2_winXX.dll is inside your teamspeak plugins folder. (it can be found in your arma @acre mod folder.))

I hope this fixed the problem for you. :)

I'm also getting the same error as Halge, but I suspect PWS is responsible. Mainly since rather than seeing PSW's newsvert page when it starts, I get a Server Error message instead (see attached).

edit: I tried deleting the ARCE2 folder, but PWS just access violated on the next attempt. So, I blame PWS. :smile:

PWS Error.png

Edited by kail

Good to know I am not alone with this issue! 

When it throws the first error. is it trying to update or veritfy ACRE?

If yes, what i did was delete @ACRE2 from my modfolder, and remove the plugin from my teamspeak folder. I'm not sure if this next step is needed, but i also right clicked the plugins folder in my teamspeak folder. pressed properties, and removed the Checkmark/dot in Read-only. and pressed apply.

THen i closed down PlayWithSix, opened it up. and pressed update. everything worked now.

(if your acre does not work after this, make sure that the acre2_winXX.dll is inside your teamspeak plugins folder. (it can be found in your arma @acre mod folder.))

I hope this fixed the problem for you. :smile:

Well, it didn't really happen when I tried to update ACRE itself, but the whole modset. I tried to do what you have suggested but now I get another error.

So long story short, my modset has 3 mods installed, 3 uninstalled and when I tried to update them individually as PWS keeps checking eternally, I get a crash. Here's a screenshot showing what i've just said http://i.imgur.com/AwJj6sj.jpg 

Following, the error that I am now getting:

ype: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException

An error occurred while dispatching a call to the UI Thread
Source: Caliburn.Micro.Platform
TargetSite: Void OnUIThread(System.Action)
StackTrace:
       at Caliburn.Micro.XamlPlatformProvider.OnUIThread(Action action)
       at Six.Presentation.Core.Wpf.Helpers.DialogHelper.TryOnUiThread(Action action)
       at Six.Presentation.Core.Wpf.WpfDialogManager.ShowExceptionDialog(String message, String title, Exception e)
       at Six.Presentation.Core.Wpf.WpfDialogManager.ExceptionDialog(Exception e, String message, String title)
       at Six.Presentation.Play.Views.PlayShellViewModel.Handle( message)
Inner Exception:
    Type: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
        'Cannot create unknown type '{clr-namespace:Six.Foundation.SA.Views.Controls;assembly=withSIX-Play}MyHyperlink'.' Line number '1' and line position '698'.
    Source: PresentationFramework
    TargetSite: System.Object Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)
    StackTrace:
           at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
           at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Uri baseUri)
           at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, ParserContext parserContext)
           at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.Load(XmlReader reader, ParserContext parserContext, XamlParseMode parseMode)
           at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.Load(XmlReader reader)
           at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.Parse(String xamlText)
           at Six.Presentation.Core.SA.Views.Controls.MarkupTextBlock.OnTextMarkupChanged(DependencyObject dependencyObject, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs dependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs)
           at System.Windows.DependencyObject.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
           at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
           at System.Windows.Controls.TextBlock.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
           at System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChange(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
           at System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveValue(EntryIndex entryIndex, DependencyProperty dp, PropertyMetadata metadata, EffectiveValueEntry oldEntry, EffectiveValueEntry& newEntry, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType)
           at System.Windows.DependencyObject.InvalidateProperty(DependencyProperty dp, Boolean preserveCurrentValue)
           at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpressionBase.Invalidate(Boolean isASubPropertyChange)
           at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.TransferValue(Object newValue, Boolean isASubPropertyChange)
           at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.Activate(Object item)
           at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.AttachToContext(AttachAttempt attempt)
           at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.MS.Internal.Data.IDataBindEngineClient.AttachToContext(Boolean lastChance)
           at MS.Internal.Data.DataBindEngine.Task.Run(Boolean lastChance)
           at MS.Internal.Data.DataBindEngine.Run(Object arg)
           at MS.Internal.Data.DataBindEngine.OnLayoutUpdated(Object sender, EventArgs e)
           at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.fireLayoutUpdateEvent()
           at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayout()
           at System.Windows.UIElement.UpdateLayout()
           at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.SetLayoutSize()
           at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.set_RootVisualInternal(Visual value)
           at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.set_RootVisual(Visual value)
           at System.Windows.Window.SetRootVisual()
           at System.Windows.Window.SetRootVisualAndUpdateSTC()
           at System.Windows.Window.SetupInitialState(Double requestedTop, Double requestedLeft, Double requestedWidth, Double requestedHeight)
           at System.Windows.Window.CreateSourceWindow(Boolean duringShow)
           at System.Windows.Window.CreateSourceWindowDuringShow()
           at System.Windows.Window.SafeCreateWindowDuringShow()
           at System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(Object booleanBox)
           at System.Windows.Window.Show()
           at System.Windows.Window.ShowDialog()
           at Six.Presentation.Core.Wpf.WpfDialogManager.<>c__DisplayClass19.<ShowExceptionDialog>b__18()
           at Caliburn.Micro.XamlPlatformProvider.<>c__DisplayClass3.<OnUIThread>b__0()
    Inner Exception:
        Type: System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterException
            'Cannot create unknown type '{clr-namespace:Six.Foundation.SA.Views.Controls;assembly=withSIX-Play}MyHyperlink'.' Line number '1' and line position '698'.
        Source: System.Xaml
        TargetSite: Void WriteStartObject(System.Xaml.XamlType)
        StackTrace:
               at System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter.WriteStartObject(XamlType xamlType)
               at System.Xaml.XamlWriter.WriteNode(XamlReader reader)
               at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.TransformNodes(XamlReader xamlReader, XamlObjectWriter xamlWriter, Boolean onlyLoadOneNode, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Boolean shouldPassLineNumberInfo, IXamlLineInfo xamlLineInfo, IXamlLineInfoConsumer xamlLineInfoConsumer, XamlContextStack`1 stack, IStyleConnector styleConnector)
               at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)

I just looked at this in more detail, my initial problem was that the SIX* network was not responding in a timely manner (if at all). But as of this post it does appear to be functioning again. PWS now works without complaint currently.

*Thanks SIX. Some real sloppy error/exception handling there guys.

Edited by kail

I'm also having problems when PWS tries to update ACRE2. The error message is the same West rags and Halge got.

StackTrace:
       at ...()
       at ...()
       at ...()
       at ...()

I may have been experiencing the same problem where PWS was erroring out during the update for Acre2 and was able to resolve it by deleting @ACRE2  and rerunning PWS.

I've had the same problem as others in the last 24 hours or so: Type: System.NotSupportedException and Type: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException

Unable to fix by deleting @ACRE2 folder as others have reported.

Fixed by (1) updating ACRE2 from within the ArmA3 ACRE2 preset in PWS, (2) manually deleting the old repository.yml files and manually downloading new repository.yml files from http://mirror0.six.unitedoperations.net/arma3/, and then (3) updating the A3 SRV1 preset in PWS.

what i did was delete @ACRE2 from my modfolder, and remove the plugin from my teamspeak folder.

I hope this fixed the problem for you. :smile:

delete @acre2.

Re-run six.

Worked for me too. Thanks!