Impulse 9

Thawk - Removal from UOTC Officer

Removal of Thawk from UOTC Officer  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Remove Thawk from UOTC Officer position?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is for the removal of Thawk from the UOTC Officer position.

The officer in question has been absent for the greater part since his officer appointment.

The officer in question had last communicated by Skype, with the other officers and game moderator staff on February 3rd of 2014.

-- (While this is not a requirement it is the last trace of activity observed between the officers, game moderator staff and officer in question)

The officer in question has been on an extended leave of absence, of which has no expected return time other than sometime in more than a year from now.

The officer in question has admitted to having no ability to perform within this office during this LOA period and would rather stay in office until such a LOA is finished.

The officer in question has been busy with real life concerns that have prevented him from putting forward any work into the office that he took up.

The officer in question had been unable to update the personnel roster within UOTC leaving the information inaccurate for over a year from it's last edit and update.

The officer in question had been unable to define the nature of delegates that were appointed to the office, see associates.

The officer in question had been unable to respond to information requests, and clarifications on the Forums public, or in Forums PM messages for periods of time often lasting more than two to three weeks at a time, if answered at all.

The officer in question had only two (known) meetings with his delegates during his entire tenure as a UOTC officer.

-- As a result of these meetings, the Fire Team Practical sessions were determined to no longer be needed as practice sessions or self improvement sessions, but instead to be transitioned into a punishment requirement for players. This was directly against the intent of those that had been running these sessions, and as a result led to the end of all such practice sessions.

-- As a result of these meetings, public announcements of training sessions on the forums and forums news system had ceased to be promoted.

I hold no grudges or ill will towards the officer in question, but I do feel that the officer is currently unable to perform any duties associated with this office at the present time in any meaningful manner. I would welcome this officer back upon their return from the 15 month or longer LOA that they have announced.

This poll requires a 2/3 vote and 2 weeks.

-- As a result of these meetings, the Fire Team Practical sessions were determined to no longer be needed as practice sessions or self improvement sessions, but instead to be transitioned into a punishment requirement for players. This was directly against the intent of those that had been running these sessions, and as a result led to the end of all such practice sessions..

It would not be accurate to blame Thawk for the termination of the FTPs. He only proposed that the FTPs be used as a tool to help players experiencing difficulties on the primary. I do not remember him using the word punishment. It seemed that his concept was to use theFTPs as a sort of barrier to entry. They would only be required for players who were failing. The proposal was never implemented and although it would have been very difficult to maintain enthusiasm for training that was used in such a manner, it would be incorrect to credit his proposal as the cause of the FTPs end.

The decision to temp suspend the FTPs was because of a general lack of attendance. The reasons which would be off topic in this thread.

Regardless I have voted to remove Thawk because I do not think he has been an active officer

UOTC has been leaderless since before he accepted the officer position. And while it can be argued that the best politicians do the least, because those that do the least do the least damage, I believe that UOTC needs someone to provide direction to all of the instructors. Thawk seems to provide no direction.

I'm surprised that he did not resign when Godhand and JB accepted office.

I would change my vote to a no if he becomes active.

Edited by Jimbo

It would not be accurate to blame Thawk for the termination of the FTPs. He only proposed that the FTPs be used as a tool to help players experiencing difficulties on the primary. I do not remember him using the word punishment. It seemed that his concept was to use theFTPs as a sort of barrier to entry. They would only be required for players who were failing. The proposal was never implemented and although it would have been very difficult to maintain enthusiasm for training that was used in such a manner, it would be incorrect to credit his proposal as the cause of the FTPs end.

The decision to temp suspend the FTPs was because of a general lack of attendance. The reasons which would be off topic in this thread.\

Understood, I had misunderstood the explanation then, or had attributed it to the reasons above to a larger extent and or different personal viewpoint on their implementation.

I've got to say, as aforementioned in JB's and Godhand's officer polls, this is quite a disservice that Thawk did not facilitate this process before taking a leave for over a year. It is a fact that he has checked the forums periodically during the first few months during his leave, and now everyone has to waste their fucking time with polls like this one. Great!