Sign in to follow this  
Halge

Unofficial TacTues DCS sessions

Hello everyone!  :smile:

As the title says, I am interested in start something like a an Unofficial "Tactical Tuesday" as in ArmA but for DCS. We could get together once or twice a week and play missions both in COOP or TvT as long as it is in accordance with the UOAF SOP. At first I would like to ask if you guys are interested in something of this nature so we can see how many people we have in order to go further and discuss what modules we could use and other issues as for hosting and schedule for example.

All in all, any feedback or further suggestions are fairly welcomed!

Looking forward to hear from you guys,

Hälge.

No objections here, halge! Do you have any ideas about a mission set or series? I can help build/test missions for you.

I'd be down with this, I might even make some simple missions for us to try out.

While I appreciate the comparison, I would ask that you use a different name when you further advertise these sessions.

Edited by Overlord

While I appreciate the comparison, I would ask that you use a different name when you further advertise these sessions.

Tactical Tuesday was always unofficial, the name was never trademarked or anything along those lines. I don't see any reason why he couldn't call it that. 

Tactical Tuesday was always unofficial, the name was never trademarked or anything along those lines.

Agreed, nobody owns Tactical Tuesday and nobody runs Tactical Tuesday. It has always been an ad hoc tradition that many players over time have come to organize with forum announcements and meeshun lists. With that said, since UOAF always operates with serious attention to tactics, comms, and organization, I don't think the TacTues label needs to be used to prevent confusion from Arma players. Feel free to announce a pickup flight every Tuesday if you wish and the pilots will come.

Force

Guys, easy on the stick!

All I did was propose people to gather around a couple nights a week in the same layout we had back then. We didn't say we would call it like that since it would be illogical to call a meet up that happens twice a week by TacTues  :biggrin:

Anyhow, so far we have 4 interested people which is pretty alright. Do you guys have any issues with any module whatsoever? I mean let's say we get a Russian mission, would you guys be okay with flying an SU-25 for instance? Do you guys think it would be nice to try to get JTACs and FACs in missions where we have CAS? Or you guys are pretty much happy with anything that the mission maker decides to put in there? 

I was talking to Ghostdog last night and he said it would be okay for him to host in the evenings which would be around 1800~2200Z. What do you guys think about that, would it be an okayish time for everyone?

Tactical Tuesday was always unofficial, the name was never trademarked or anything along those lines. I don't see any reason why he couldn't call it that. 

Agreed, nobody owns Tactical Tuesday and nobody runs Tactical Tuesday. It has always been an ad hoc tradition that many players over time have come to organize with forum announcements and meeshun lists. With that said, since UOAF always operates with serious attention to tactics, comms, and organization, I don't think the TacTues label needs to be used to prevent confusion from Arma players. Feel free to announce a pickup flight every Tuesday if you wish and the pilots will come.

Force

As much as you're all right. Please, stay on topic.

Moving on.

Well i am OK to fly A10, SU25T, F15 or KA50, but i would propose for this session to stick with the "detailed" plane modes, A10C and KA50 since that is what UOAF is more about i think. occasionally we can fit in an SU25T for SEAD if needed.

Regarding starting times i am ok for starting no later than 2000 zulu.

Well i am OK to fly A10, SU25T, F15 or KA50, but i would propose for this session to stick with the "detailed" plane modes, A10C and KA50 since that is what UOAF is more about i think. occasionally we can fit in an SU25T for SEAD if needed.

Regarding starting times i am ok for starting no later than 2000 zulu.

Concur. Edited by HellHound

can fly almost any of the fixed-wing set and will help to build meeshuns with anyone so interested. would be cool to set up something for those of which the weekends dont work well for.

Okay guys, I am glad to say that we have a reasonable amount of people here and we can finally try to get some missions and play something.

As Ghostdog proposed it would be nice to have something twice a week so those who are unable to attend one may have the chance to attend the other day. What do you guys think about Wednesdays and Saturdays at 2000z? 

Saturdays will conflict with official UOAF sessions. And are also pretty much all taken due to other (un)official sessions. Sundays were usually days for DCS stuff.

Echoing Slider, just work on setting up a weekday event.  Saturday is for BMS, Sunday is for DCS, so both of those are already occupied by flying.

Sunday is already taken, my personal interest in midweeks (DCS or BMS) is pretty high. Especially in the 1600-2000z range.

I can try to do weekdays after 1800z but I'm not sure I can guarantee regular appearance.

Down for any DCS aircraft short of Huey and Mi-8. 

Well, I am up for whatever you guys are up to, specially who is able to host. So I guess it's up for you Skynet and Ghostdog to give the last world

Sorry I was away for a couple days.

Alright Ghost, how about Mondays and Fridays starting at 2000z from December 1st? Let's get this started!  :biggrin:

I'm down for Mondays, and probably Fridays unless I play ArmA 3 instead.