Sign in to follow this  
Reaper Two

Extended LOA & Reg Resignation

Navy called. I wanted to know more. They taught me more. 

I followed a hot blonde chick into MEPS and ended up with a weird rate. Listening to radios or making coffee or something.

I asked a senior chief on base, what exactly Lieutenants do in the Navy. He told me he'd get back to me once he figured it out. 

I made it a personal goal to become a lieutenant. 

Some idiot  nice officer signed the paperwork saying I have a shot sometime in February. 

Regularship is up and I have some studying to do, on how to do nothing. I might be around, but doubt it. 

All goes well, I'll be back in a year-ish. Don't burn the place down. 

TLDR: Not gonna be here. I resign as a regular.

Well first of all it's an Ensign not Lieutenant (That's an O-3, equivalent of a Captain)

As for job it really depends on what line and community you go into (Restricted v. Unrestricted Line, SWO, Aviation, Subs, etc.)

Anyway I wish you the best of luck.  I'm getting my commission through OCS, if you have any questions PM me.

Well first of all it's an Ensign not Lieutenant (That's an O-3, equivalent of a Captain)

As for job it really depends on what line and community you go into (Restricted v. Unrestricted Line, SWO, Aviation, Subs, etc.)

Anyway I wish you the best of luck.  I'm getting my commission through OCS, if you have any questions PM me.

I've seen the same JG LT browsing the PX every time I've been in there. Different times of day, different days. I was discussing the STA program on the IW side with the chief and that's when I brought it up. 

I've heard some really bad things about SWO, which was my other idea. Really political and backstabby.

I'm only a year and change from a degree, so STA-21 makes the most sense.

You're pretty spot on with your description of SWO.  On the flip side, I know JO SWOs who love their job.  It all depends on the command climate.  What community are you thinking?

I don't personally know much about STA-21, I am doing OCS.  I'd be careful enlisting with the expectation of going STA because I wouldn't doubt if the Navy would fuck you over and keep you enlisted.  I would seriously consider OCS if I were you, you can start applying in your Junior year.