Sign in to follow this  
Perfk

Interest for a Space Engineers event?

Hey all,

I was wondering if there would be enough up for a small event in the game Space Engineers.

This is what i have so far as what we would be doing.

Event time: During a weekend. (but we can test the map and style this weekend if someone is up for it)

Players: As many as the server can handle.

Mission: Classic Capture the "flag" where both teams get a "flag" made of a smallship with power and a beacon incased in heavy armor. Both teams will now have to steal the other teams "flag" and return it to their "flag". (the beacon would have a 5-10km view distance)

Duration: 3-5 houers. 

Map: it will be a custom made map, with at least 5 areas with x amount of asteroids, so there will be plenty of room to move around. (the map will be setup in easily visable sectors)

Link to an example of how i think the map would look: http://i.imgur.com/ewA3psI.jpg

Rules: 

* You are not allowed to follow the other team within the first 15 min of the game. Combat is also not allowed within the first 15 min.

* One side wins when they bring both flags to the center XYZ beacon (named Z - 0)

* You are not allowed to go more than X m away from a Sector beacon (this to make sure that players dont take their beacon and fly 100000 km in some direction :biggrin:)

* You will be allowed to get someone to take your place if you have to leave.

* The core players are not allowed to leave their faction when first joined. (at start both teams will join one of the two factions. Blue and Red)

* Need input on rules, as i havent played for 4-5 updates, so i don't know whats bugged, or overpowered.

I also thought about haveing "pirates" that join the game after the two teams have had time to setup. They will be factionless, but they still have the option to try and steal both beacons. They will not be able to "win" but the teams will have to hunt thies down

I have had Space Engineers for a while now but never really got into it. I have to say, this looks very interesting. I definitely would like to take be involved in this if you can come up with some more details.

I honestly don't know much about the game, so I might be wrong but I believe we might run into an issue where if a certain ship achieves the game's maximum speed and is carrying the flag it might become very frustrating and even impossible to catch him.

You could just grab the flag and start flying along the borders of the sectors. This is something that I personally would think about.

Another interesting feature would be including different kinds of ships. There are many different things you could do here. Maybe you want small fighters? Big multi-crew ships? Or maybe limit the ability to carry the flag to one of the bigger, slower ships? There is a ton of possibilities with this kind of stuff.

Overall this does sound very fun and I'm really looking forward to seeing how this idea develops.

The devs are releasing updates so fast that I truly can't keep up. So I'll wait for the full release to start playing it the proper way.

Scrum is really a wonderful way to develop things, isn't it?

Scrum is really a wonderful way to develop things, isn't it?

I love being the "Scrum Master" hahaha , its such a useful tool for programmers, it can be applied in so many different ways :)

I have had Space Engineers for a while now but never really got into it. I have to say, this looks very interesting. I definitely would like to take be involved in this if you can come up with some more details.

I honestly don't know much about the game, so I might be wrong but I believe we might run into an issue where if a certain ship achieves the game's maximum speed and is carrying the flag it might become very frustrating and even impossible to catch him.

You could just grab the flag and start flying along the borders of the sectors. This is something that I personally would think about.

Another interesting feature would be including different kinds of ships. There are many different things you could do here. Maybe you want small fighters? Big multi-crew ships? Or maybe limit the ability to carry the flag to one of the bigger, slower ships? There is a ton of possibilities with this kind of stuff.

Overall this does sound very fun and I'm really looking forward to seeing how this idea develops.

I am in the same situation. I am down if someone would kindly teach me the basic prior to the "event" itself.

I will work out the kinks for a Team v Team, as i will have to figure out a way so you cant cheat the system, as in taking the "flag" and then just running with max speed.

I have an idear for a sort of training run, where we are all on the same side, and then have to deal with some situation, that would give us plenty of time to teach you the basics. but without letting it be a sandbox mission, that wil never end.

Now that Space Engineers is a bit further along, would people still be interested in this?

Maybe say in a fleet battle environment?

Or some sort of Scenario or something?

I feel like maybe a Month of Building stuff, no projectors allowed, no war at that time?

Then over maybe a weekend try to wipe the other team off the map, to say, not having any medical rooms available?

We had our own UO server for a while with many different creations and bases and many regs playing. The desynced multiplayer and strange way moving ships would interact with each other kind of killed it for most of us. Has the network connectivity and interaction improved? If so im down, if not ill just wait.